Organisation URL is not workign in client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i click on organization URL in server it opens correctly. but when i tried to do the same on client,  it's not working. getting an error on IE :: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. " And also, CRM is working fine on client except this organization URL.

PS: Client and server are on different domain.

• Edited by Pradeep47 Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:23 AM

Answers

• It's possible (and even likely) that it could be a proxy server issue, do you happen to know if the client machine requests are routed through a proxy server?  Even though it can show in IIS, I've had access to services blocked before causing the same symptoms you describe. Additionally, is the URL secure?

One thing you can do is try to hit the URL specifying specific account credentials...

Assuming a config value below (substitute with the Domain name, acct creds):

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="CrmMain" connectionString="Url=http://xxxxx:5555/OrgName; Domain=Org; Username=UserNameValue; password=PasswordValue"/>
      </connectionStrings>

Now, assume that you had a property defined for each...

CrmConnectionInstance = new CrmConnection("CrmMain");
                OrgServiceInstance = new OrganizationService(CrmConnectionInstance);

Then just try executing a WhoAmIRequest

WhoAmIResponse CurrentResponse = ((WhoAmIResponse)OrgServiceInstance.Execute(new WhoAmIRequest()));

Wrap this in a try/catch block and echo out the exception details - that will hopefully shed some light on the specific problem, or it will work.  Either way we should get some insight.

Cordially, W.G.Ryan - www.williamgryan.mobi
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:42 AM
  • i haven't done ,

but try to modify from DeploymentManager and registry MSCRM server url..

but make sure take a backup of key and server url in DeploymentManager

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Unmarked as answer by Pradeep47 Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

• Are you getting some information in eventviewer ???
    Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Pradeep47 Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Sorry  am new to CRM 2011. can you please explain what exact information you need ??
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:01 AM
  • Pradeep,can you ping first from client side to server ip address?

if ping is respodning try to access with ipaddress instead of org name,

http://ipaddress:port/myorgName/OrgnizationdSer..........

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Edited by san Sanz Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Yes, i can ping the server. and also CRM seems to working fine. but ONLY organization URL is not working.  and also, Yes. am using IP address and port to access.

Since the organization URL isn't proper , all my web service in ASP.Net are down. throwing error at organization URL

Just to confirm, am using CRM 2011

• Edited by Pradeep47 Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:00 AM
  • Hi

How many organizations you have, Is this organisation accessible from Server, what happens if you remove the organisation's name from url (http://servername:port)?

Cheers,

Hassan
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:30 AM
  • It's possible (and even likely) that it could be a proxy server issue, do you happen to know if the client machine requests are routed through a proxy server?  Even though it can show in IIS, I've had access to services blocked before causing the same symptoms you describe. Additionally, is the URL secure?

One thing you can do is try to hit the URL specifying specific account credentials...

Assuming a config value below (substitute with the Domain name, acct creds):

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="CrmMain" connectionString="Url=http://xxxxx:5555/OrgName; Domain=Org; Username=UserNameValue; password=PasswordValue"/>
      </connectionStrings>

Now, assume that you had a property defined for each...

CrmConnectionInstance = new CrmConnection("CrmMain");
                OrgServiceInstance = new OrganizationService(CrmConnectionInstance);

Then just try executing a WhoAmIRequest

WhoAmIResponse CurrentResponse = ((WhoAmIResponse)OrgServiceInstance.Execute(new WhoAmIRequest()));

Wrap this in a try/catch block and echo out the exception details - that will hopefully shed some light on the specific problem, or it will work.  Either way we should get some insight.

Cordially, W.G.Ryan - www.williamgryan.mobi
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:42 AM
  • pradeep can you check deployment manager and what is the url?

http://www.avanadeblog.com/.a/6a0120a757f751970b0133f4263269970b-800wi

• Edited by san Sanz Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Thank you all. Finally i resolved the issue.  after clicking the organization URL, i changed the domain name to the serverIP. it's  working as of now. but i still have my doubts coz, i can't access with domain name but with serverIP. I changed all domain name to IP  in the  URL of Webservice. 

can you guys  pls conclude this thread by giving me by what exactly went wrong. y i can not access the server with domain name ??!!

And thanks again for all ur replies. may be someday i can help some one like you guys do :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:55 AM
  • i haven't done ,

but try to modify from DeploymentManager and registry MSCRM server url..

but make sure take a backup of key and server url in DeploymentManager

• Unmarked as answer by Pradeep47 Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:05 AM