Importing a Solution Twice RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to alter the application ribbon along with an entity's ribbon.  I have exported the appropriate components and then extracts the solution.  I made the changes to the RibbonDiffs, packed the solution and reimported.  My changes do not take affect even with cache clearing UNTIL I import the solution a second time.

Is anyone else having this same issue, or does anyone know why I am having this issue.  Also, turning my solution into a managed has no affect regardless of the number of times I import it.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Blake I Think er have the same issue, but we never found the solution... So we cant help. Greets peb
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Hi Blake,

What version of CRM do you use? CRM 2013? Which rollup?

Do you mean the first time you import, it worked?

You can check the localizedlable, then search with the objectcolumnname, it should have two or rows with the same objectcolumname and languageid, then you can try to change the objectid of one from the old id to the new one which the label you can see the translation in CRM, like english 1033.

It should be a workaround.

Wilson

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:29 AM
  • What type of changes were trying to made?
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:47 PM
  • Wilson,

I am using CRM 2013 SP1.  Once the solution has been customized outside of CRM, I have to import it 2 times before any of the desired changes appear.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:49 PM