Customize Entity - Territory Entity cannot be customized RRS feed

• Question

• H all,

I want to customize Territory entity, like I want to add some territory and move it to custom tab I made. Is there any way without using unsupported way?

Many thanks

Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The territory entity can be customised just like many other system entities. Would you care to explain what you are trying to achieve exactly?

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Rob

I wanna change its ocation and put it in a custom tab like parameters. And I wanna add some territory examples. But I cannot change its location and cannot add anything in it in solution. How can I do that?

Many Thanks

Friday, November 21, 2014 7:56 AM
  • OK, I probably still need a little clearer information from you.

You can add territory records in Settings > Business Settings > Territories. You cannot transport these records in a solution though, you have to create them manually in your destination environment or try the Configuration Migration tool that you can find in the SDK.

In terms of where territory appears, lookup fields exist on the user, team, Lead, and opportunity. These are just fields on these entities so you can place them where you like on the form.

Rob

Friday, November 21, 2014 8:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Refer this. This is unsupported way of doing it. Use at your own risk.

Regards, Saad

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:02 PM
  • But the Territory entity is customisable Saad.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Rob

As you said I can add territort record but I need also one thing :) I need to change its location. For example I wanna see it under the marketing category.

How can it be?

Many Thanks

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Hi, Use the sitemap editor in the crm toolbox to customise your sitemap to include the territory entity in the marketing area https://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com Rob

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:30 PM
    Answerer