File Transfer with PIC RRS feed

• Question

• Can you transfer files from OC to a PIC user (i.e. MSN, Yahoo, AOL)? Haven't been able to in OC 2007. Also, the option to transfer a file from MSN to Office Communications 2007 appears grayed out. Ideas?
    Friday, July 20, 2007 11:02 PM

Answers

• Have you checked your IM filters in the OCS server management console? Probably you are not allowed to sent content. It is one of the properties you can set at server level. Will get back to you on where to find this ( I will have to check the console...can do it on Monday).

/Thomas
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:49 AM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? I think Thomas was talking about, right-clicking the pool and selecting Application Properties and then clicking IM Filters.

In there you can change the content filters.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• We can transfer files internally with OC client without problem. Is there a GPO setting that might be involved with allow file transfers with MSN? The error message is 'Error in transfer'.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 11:19 PM
  • Have you checked your IM filters in the OCS server management console? Probably you are not allowed to sent content. It is one of the properties you can set at server level. Will get back to you on where to find this ( I will have to check the console...can do it on Monday).

/Thomas
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:49 AM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? I think Thomas was talking about, right-clicking the pool and selecting Application Properties and then clicking IM Filters.

In there you can change the content filters.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:45 PM