LCS2005SP1 and OCS2007R2 (Co-Residence) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question I hope someone can help with.

We have an LCS2005SP1 already installed in our company for tests purposes but it is now unused(But he has the AD already prepared…)

We are in the process now of installing OCS2007 R2 standard edition.

What Option do you suggest :

Option1: Uninstalling LCS2005SP1 (Removing from AD…  Uninstall LCS2005 application using Add/Remove Programs) then installing OCSR2.

or

Option 2: Installing OCS2007R2 while LCS2005 exists and at the end remove LCS2005.

I am asking above question because while preparing AD for OCS2007R2 it gave us warning that OCS data will be stored in system container and not configuration partition..... So we need to be sure what option is better Before proceeding preparing AD, schema, deploying OCSR2.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:54 PM

All replies

• There is excellent documentation on this topic. Check out TechNet documentation here.

In short, the 2 options you mentioned will work depending on how much downtime and/or new hardware you have at your disposal. It is recommended to store the OCS global settings in the Configuration Partition and you must do this *before* AD Schema preparation with the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Global Settings Migration Tool.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:49 PM