Account Payment not recognised RRS feed

• Question

• I have paid to renew my Live One Care subsription on Saturday 14th, but as yet Microsoft do not seem to recognise the fact that I have paid, and as a result, I am unable to update my One Care. If I try to contact the billing department, they do not recognise my account, so will not accept my attempt to contact them.

I am going round in circles and getting ever more frustrated. Has anyone any ideas how I might resolve this issue, please?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:02 PM

Answers

• When you paid for the service, did you sign in with the same LiveID? I suspect that you may have created a new subscription under a different LiveID. You'll need to reinstall and activate with that new ID if this is the case.

Note that this is a community forum, meaning that we are fellow customers. My previous reply provided instructions on how to contact support, who can look up your account and help you out based on the credit card information and your contact information.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4147855&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:24 PM

All replies

• How did you pay for the renewal?

Are you sure that you are signing in at the Billing site with the correct LiveID for your subscription? It would seem not, if the account is not recognized when you sign in. Open OneCare, click on Help/About... to see the subscription LiveID.

Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

You can try the following:

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:21 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Steve, but it has not really helped me.

I had hoped someone from Accounts could look at my account and say why I am not recognised, in spite of paying on Saturday.

A couple of things which may have a bearing..owing to my financial situation at the time, I did not renew my subscription immediateli it expired, in August this year.

I entered a new payment card's details, prior to making my payment.

I only have one id, and it is the same in both places.

Saturdays payment does not show at all on my account, although it has already appeared on my bank statement. In fact the only "service" shown against my name is shown as cancelled.

My PC date/time is correct, set at Greenwich Mean Time.

I am not sure what to do next, but I am not at all happy with the service or lack of it provided by Microsoft so far.

Norman

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:35 PM
  • When you paid for the service, did you sign in with the same LiveID? I suspect that you may have created a new subscription under a different LiveID. You'll need to reinstall and activate with that new ID if this is the case.

Note that this is a community forum, meaning that we are fellow customers. My previous reply provided instructions on how to contact support, who can look up your account and help you out based on the credit card information and your contact information.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4147855&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:24 PM