CRM 2013 - Rich text fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to replicate the behaviour seen in the email form where the "Description" field has a set of rich text controls added to it. This appears to be implemented with some sort of control with embedded iframe. How can I set up a form in CRM 2013 that treats a multi-line text field in this way? In CRM 2011 we were using an extension that embedded the TinyMCE editor but it was not particularly brilliant. We just need simple rich-text editing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Richard.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:12 AM

All replies

• You'll need to do something similar in CRM 2013 as there isn't any native capacity to add a rich text editor in other places. I suggest finding something a little more light-weight than TinyMCE and creating a HTML/JavaScript web resource to host the editor. Embed the web resource in a form and have it update the parent form with the HTML content. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:50 AM
  • Hi Richard, I know it might be late for you, but maybe on time for others.

As Jason pointed out, there's no OOB field, but you can simulate it with a web resource. What I want to add, is this other link with the Managed and Unmanaged solution that has the complete solution.

Hope this helps somebody.

Ale

Dynamics CRM Certified Consultant (MB2-631,632,633)

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:14 PM
  • We use TinyMCe as well.. and have no problems with that tool. Works like a charm. The best rich text editor out there at the moment IMO.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

Friday, October 10, 2014 7:04 AM
  • We use ckeditor.

Regards,

Jithesh

Friday, October 10, 2014 11:15 AM