Get Opp ProductID for corresponding quote product and order product RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement where I need to know at the order level if a product came from an opportunity (easy part) and which opp product it orginated from.

The scenario I am stuck on is if there are two products at the opp product level and each end up on a different order. So I end up with order A and order B. Both have the same productid on them, but orginated from unique opp prod line items. If order A gets fulfilled I have to update a field in the corresponding opportunity product, but not the product on Order B.

So I have come to the conclusion that I need to carry the opp productID to the quote product and order product.  At the quote level, I am trying to do this with a plugin that fires when the quote is created.  Initially I have found the plugin doesn't fire when the quote is created within the opportunity, but when created outside the opportunity it does.

I am not sure if I am on the right track here.. any suggestions as to how to match the opp productID at the orderdetail level to the opp product it orginated from?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:47 PM

Answers