If you use Vista and Windows Live Writer everybody can see what you posted.

• I'm gay and in the closet so I write an anonymous blog about my struggles using Windows Live Witer.

Imagine my horror when using the Windows "Start Search" to look for innocuous things on my computer and seeing my blog posts jump up as suggestions!

Even searching for Microsoft Paint would bring up a string of posts by title with the letter sequence "pa" in it.

Suddenly I was terrified to allow people to use my computer to check e-mail etc!

Just a simple word search would bring up "How I feel about Gay Pride!" or "What it feels like to grow up gay."

I don't want people who use my computer to know about my blog and furthermore to know what I have posted about!

I will now try to set up a "Public" account on my computer for guests to use and hope that helps. 

If you share a computer with others and use Windows Live Witer, beware of this!
    Monday, July 13, 2009 11:51 PM

All replies

• It might help if you go to Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> File Types and uncheck 'wpost' files.  Wpost files are Windows Live Writer files.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:41 AM