MCPD 70 518 exam prequisites RRS feed

• Question

• I have completed MCTS 70 511, MCTS 70 513, and MCTS 70 516.

Now i am going for MCPD 70 518.

Prometric Site is showing that MCTS 70 511 status expiration as 6th October. Will it count as Prequisite or should i need to retake the exam again?

mole on left eye

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Microsoft site claims it will expire on July 31, 2013, which is the same as the expiration date for 70-513, 70-516, and 70-518.

TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Hope that helps!

Christine A. Piffat

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:58 PM
  • That i understand. My query is regarding the exam for which i had appeared more than a year ago. Will that still count as valid certification as perquisite for 70-518.

Prometric site is showing exam valid for 1 year. For 70 511 which i passed on 10th oct 2011, it shows as expired since 7th Oct 2012. Similar dates are mentioned for other  2 certifications that i had cleared.

mole on left eye

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:06 AM
  • That i understand. My query is regarding the exam for which i had appeared more than a year ago. Will that still count as valid certification as perquisite for 70-518.

Prometric site is showing exam valid for 1 year. For 70 511 which i passed on 10th oct 2011, it shows as expired since 7th Oct 2012. Similar dates are mentioned for other  2 certifications that i had cleared.

mole on left eye

Can you please provide the link where it states that the 70-511 exam is only valid for 1yr.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:14 AM
  • I have posted image below that shows status expiration. It is shown in candidate history in prometric site.

Look at right most part.

mole on left eye

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:21 AM
  • I had a look at my transcript and saw similar dates, even for an exam I failed which of course makes no sense.

When you click on the Date/Time hyperlink on the left, it pops-up a dialog containing the same information except that the Expiration data is titled "Registration Expiration".  Not sure why they're showing this data as it's irrelevant once you've taken an exam.

I will get in touch with my contacts at Prometric to see why they are showing this.

BTW,, certifications don't expire so once you pass an exam, it's valid forever.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:15 PM