WHS -> Xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• I've just upgraded my Xbox to the new slim version and used to have it all set up where my videos/music/pictures could play through my WHS onto the xbox. Now, for some reason my WHS no longer appears on my 360.

As far as I can tell, the settings are all correct. I've tried turning firewalls off, media sharing off and on, restarts. But nothing seems to help.

Does anyone know of any issues between WHS and the new 360? Or in particular, over wireless? My previous xbox was wired to the network.

Thanks heaps in advance, I'm banging my head against a wall at this point :(

Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:35 AM

All replies

• I've just upgraded my Xbox to the new slim version and used to have it all set up where my videos/music/pictures could play through my WHS onto the xbox. Now, for some reason my WHS no longer appears on my 360.

As far as I can tell, the settings are all correct. I've tried turning firewalls off, media sharing off and on, restarts. But nothing seems to help.

Does anyone know of any issues between WHS and the new 360? Or in particular, over wireless? My previous xbox was wired to the network.

Thanks heaps in advance, I'm banging my head against a wall at this point :(

It could be the fact that it's now wireless (which is not always reliable).  Try switching back to the old XBox and see if it still works.\

In any event, if all you changed was the XBox, it sounds like an XBox issue so you should post your question in the XBox forums.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:40 PM