Office Communicator and Live Meeting RRS feed

• Question

• HI there,

I have a dumb question about the configuration settings in both Office Communicator and Live Meeting.  I chose the port 443 for the Instant Messaging and port 444 for the web conferencing.  However, Live Meeting settings use whatever settings I put in the Office Communicator.  For instance, i put edge.company.com:443 for both external and internal server settings in the Office Communicator, the live meeting will use the same settings but I thought it was going to use the port 444.  So I am just curious if i made some settings wrong during the installation of the OCS 2007.  Could someone point me to the right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

-Desmond
    Desmond Kan
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Desmond,

Both communicator and livemeeting will use SIP as it signaling protocol towards the OCS Back-end servers. Through SIP the clients get to know the infrastructure and where to access certain kind of services such as where to download the address book file, how to expand a group or where to connect to for the web conferencing piece.

SIP is the main protocol used by BOTH clients and that's why you see that they both use edge.mycompany.com:443.

Livemeeting should after communicating over SIP with the EDGE server understand that it should connect to the web conferencing server on edge.mycompany.com:444

Is your livemeeting client not connecting properly?

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno

Tonino Bruno | Belgian Pro-Exchange Community | http://www.pro-exchange.be
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:39 PM