Office 2007 trial -> licenced gives "Product Key is incorrect" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We put together a PC system for a customer. This included Office 2003 (which is used by our software to convert office docs to html). I came across a problem with the Word automation calls on this PC while testing at the customers site (problem did not occur on my own PC). I only managed to get around it by removing Office 2003 and installing Office 2007 (trial version). With the 60 days expiring, we bought an Office 2007 licence and sent him the product key. He just sent me an email saying that he got the "Product Key is incorrect" message when attempting to change to the full license.

I have double checked the key, and it should be correct. Any ideas how I can move forward. I was thinking to trying to repeat this on a spare PC, but I'm worried that I will 'use up' the key. Is it possible to deactivate a key from one PC and use it to activate the software on another PC? 

Thanks,

David

Monday, June 11, 2007 11:18 PM

Answers

• David,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine
    If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en
    Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
    1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 11, 2007 11:53 PM
  • Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted our customer and asked him to do as you recommended.

He didn't get any "Resolve Now" button.

Below is the diagnostic report.

Regards,

David

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 09548fbe-79a8-4574-b11b-84dea95eb8a2
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645_B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>09548fbe-79a8-4574-b11b-84dea95eb8a2</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-129744701-1323370293-1066455054</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dell DXP051                  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>A02</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051028000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>F69C3C6701847B6C</HWID><UserLCID>0813</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Romance Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Dimension DXPO51</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>349AEAC3D39EA62</Val><Hash>PY0WTov3E5Nx3e07QMZtKxM+l9M=</Hash><Pid>81605-305-6635375-65475</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:15 PM
  • David,

I have captured and enclosed a portion of your diag results for you to review:

OGA Data-->

Status code 102 means a trial version is currently installed. Previous post you mentioned purchasing a different key. Did the store send you a licensed copy of Office as well as a end user licensing agreement (EULA)? Maybe your customer did not correctly change the product key correctly. There are instructions located as a pinned entry on the forum which gives detailed instructions for changing product keys. You may want to work with the store and let them know the product key isn't working.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:15 PM
  • Stephen,

We are still having no joy.

I instructed our customer to follow these instructions (i.e. removing the trial key from the registry, and entering the licenced key when prompted by Word). Again the product key is rejected.

Our customer is based in Belgium and we are in the UK. Is it possible that the licence that I bought in the UK will not work for a PC now running in Belgium (although this too was bought in the UK).

Is it now purely a problem with the key. Can you not check this somehow?

Is there any point in trying to uninstall and then reinstall the Office 2007 download (I didn't get installation disks)?

This is a bit annoying as it is likely to frustrate our very important customer.

David

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:39 AM
  • David,

Removing trial and beta version can be tricky.  Please look @ the following Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us. Here you will find detailed instructions for removing beta release versions of Office Suite 2007 or program.

Important:  This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Description of the Microsoft Windows registries:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/

Please post again if you need further assistance. Thank you and hope your weekend is great.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:27 PM
  • Stephen,

Is there any way that I can verify that the Product Key is ok.

Perhaps I can send it to you privately to verify.

Or can I try it out by installing office myself and testing the key? Can this action be undone? It must be possible to move a licence from one PC to another somehow!

I would like to do further testing myself and then give our customer the solution rather than wasting his time with deadend solutions.

David

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:02 AM
  • David,

Your product appears to be good. The diagnostic results you provided had the last 15 digits of the product. In turn we use tools to verify if a key is good. You may use Office on another computer if you purchased a retail version. Please read the end user licensing agreement (EULA) which came with the version you purchased. 

Please uninstall the trail or beta version on your customers system. Also you may need to uninstall non-trial copy of Office and re-install again. After you accomplish this all should work fine.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:20 PM
  • Stephen,

The product I bought did not have installation disks, only a licence.

I assumed that this is used to convert the trial installation into a full licenced version. Why else would it be sold that way.

Apprently, the trial I downloaded was called "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007". Could this be the problem?

Where do I get a non-trial download? Remember the client is in Belgium.

David

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:47 AM
  • David,

This could be a problem as you asked. The version you installed is/was a trial version. In turn you purchased product keys to convert the trial into a full version. 

Previously I suggested removing the software and perform a clean installation and follow the KB article provided. When you reinstall using the trial version use the product key provided which you purchased. Also contact MS (where you purchased the product keys) and request the software should this fail to work.  I understand the geographical separation between you and the customer. Also did you give the customers administrative rights to their machines? 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Stephen,

I have tried out this product key on my own machine and I get the same results.

i.e. I downloaded the 2007 Office trial, and tried to entered the product key I bought.

As I type the last digit, I get an incorrect key message.

So, this is not some spurious error.

I am wondering if the problem is due to this being an MLK/OEM licence?

Perhaps you cannot convert the trial using an OEM licence?

In this case, what should we do. This is a system we put together for a 3rd party, and so I believe that an OEM licence is correct.

Do I need to get an OEM preinstallation kit?

David

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:56 PM
  • Stephen,

I've done some research and I'm pretty sure that the OEM licence is the problem.

From what I have learned, I don't believe that there is any way that I can use this licence.

I cannot understand how you couldn't have come to this conclusion yourself Stephen.

And, thanks to all the time that has passed, it is now too late to return this to the vendor.

So, we have wasted money on the original Office 2003 licence which had a bug in the automation.

We have wasted money on this Office 2007 OEM licence.

I have wasted ton's of time (= money) due to the two issues.

And we have lost some credibility in the eyes of an important customer.

I am not happy.

David

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:43 PM
  • David,

I am sorry you feel this way. In turn I have spoke with a supervisor regarding your situation. Please look @ this link http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx?culture=en-US. Next I would like for you to review the following information: What happens when the trial expires? What does convert mean? and How do I convert my trial?  This information will give detailed information for converting MS Office trial versions prior and after the expiration installation date. Where did you get aquire the trial software from? 

Your situation is an interesting issue. We would really like to look @ you the full product keys you purchased.  Please do not post any product keys in the open forum.  Could you please file a service request with Microsoft Product Support:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029 .  Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!! 

Thank you

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:44 PM
  • D. Hamilton,

Downloadable trial versions of Office 2007 products are retail licenses.  It is not surprising that the customer was unable to activate a retail product with the OEM Product Key that you sent him.  The error message "incorrect Product Key" is appropriate to the use of the wrong flavor of Product Key.

Preinstalled OEM/trial versions of Office 2007 must be preinstalled by the systembuilder/OEM using the Office OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).

Preinstalled trial versions of Office 2007 products are limited to these editions of Office 2007:  Home and Student; Basic; Small Biz; and Pro, which must be preinstalled using their OPK; and Ultimate, which has its own OPK.

The solution that meets the customer's needs as well as licensing requirements would be to purchase a Product Key for the retail edition of Office 2007 that was installed on his computer and send it to him.  A Medialess Licensing Kit (MLK) Product Key would NOT be appropriate since (a) it won't work and (b) the installed version of Office is not an OEM license.

EDIT on 06/21/07:  A somewhat labor-intensive alternative would be for the customer to uninstall the existing Office retail trial, then order the OEM Office backup disc from this Microsoft site  http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup/en-us/default.mspx, install it when received, then use the MLK Product Key that you sent him to activate his OEM Office installation.  The text at the sire implies that you can download the backup disc, but as far as I could tell, everything that had to do with "burning" a disc is really using the new drive imaging backup features of Vista Business and Ultimate to image the entire hard disk drive, which is very much different from downloading an iso file and burning an installation CD.

Here is some more info about systembuilder/OEM preinstallation of Office trials and the MLK:  http://www.microsoft.com/oem/english/office/mlk.mspx

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Thank you for this information Dan. 

Stephen Holm

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Stephen,

Have you abandoned this thread?

I have continually tried to file a service request at the web link you gave and continually got the same application error.

I have even tried doing this from off-site, as I thought that maybe our firewall was interfering with the submission.

I mean, how can a microsoft support email site be not working for a week?

what to do?

David

Monday, June 25, 2007 1:40 PM
  • David,

No I have not abondoned this thread. The forums aren't responded to on the weekends and there are time differences between you and I. The link I sent for you to open a case file workes from my end here. Please try again. Also did you look at the other link I provided which goes into detail about trial versions?  Also you kept mentioned automation calls. Was this with your software?  Please try again to open a job request. And take the time to read the information I provided in the other link.  Thank you.

Regards,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, June 25, 2007 9:51 PM
  • Hello UK IT Admin,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information. Please review knowledge base article (KB) How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product @:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895, and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us for Office Suites 2003 and below.  The links will provide resolutions supporting Office Suites. However if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

There are two methods for activating Office; telephone and the Internet which is the easier of the two methods. To activate the product by using the Internet, follow these steps:

For Microsoft Office 2007, follow these steps:

1)      Start any office program.

2)      In the Office Activation Wizard, click the “Activate by using Internet” option, and then click “Next”.

3)      Click “Submit” to send your information to the Microsoft licensing servers.

NOTE:  When your information is validated, the “Activation Complete” page appears.  Then, you can use the Office programs.  You will not have to activate Office in the future.

4)      Click “Finish”

Please follow the below guidance for telephone activation for your version of Office:

1)      Start any Office program.

2)      In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3)      Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4)      In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5)      Click “Next”.

6)      On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  The KB article will provide numbers to call for activating Microsoft products.  Should you need further guidance please post your question/s to the Windows XP General newsgroup forum located here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?query=activation&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=B0DE109D-10E1-4C3C-BCC9-8EB7A22FC6A0&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us . 

Take care.

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:37 PM
  • In order to convert a trial version of Microsoft Office, you need a "full version" retail product key and not an OEM product key.  An OEM product key can only be used with an OEM installation CD.

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:44 PM

All replies

• David,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine
    If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en
    Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
    1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 11, 2007 11:53 PM
  • Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted our customer and asked him to do as you recommended.

He didn't get any "Resolve Now" button.

Below is the diagnostic report.

Regards,

David

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    ID: 09548fbe-79a8-4574-b11b-84dea95eb8a2
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Validation Diagnostic:

Notifications Data-->

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645_B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>09548fbe-79a8-4574-b11b-84dea95eb8a2</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-129744701-1323370293-1066455054</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dell DXP051                  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>A02</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051028000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>F69C3C6701847B6C</HWID><UserLCID>0813</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Romance Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Dimension DXPO51</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>349AEAC3D39EA62</Val><Hash>PY0WTov3E5Nx3e07QMZtKxM+l9M=</Hash><Pid>81605-305-6635375-65475</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:15 PM
  • David,

I have captured and enclosed a portion of your diag results for you to review:

OGA Data-->

Status code 102 means a trial version is currently installed. Previous post you mentioned purchasing a different key. Did the store send you a licensed copy of Office as well as a end user licensing agreement (EULA)? Maybe your customer did not correctly change the product key correctly. There are instructions located as a pinned entry on the forum which gives detailed instructions for changing product keys. You may want to work with the store and let them know the product key isn't working.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:15 PM
  • Stephen,

We are still having no joy.

I instructed our customer to follow these instructions (i.e. removing the trial key from the registry, and entering the licenced key when prompted by Word). Again the product key is rejected.

Our customer is based in Belgium and we are in the UK. Is it possible that the licence that I bought in the UK will not work for a PC now running in Belgium (although this too was bought in the UK).

Is it now purely a problem with the key. Can you not check this somehow?

Is there any point in trying to uninstall and then reinstall the Office 2007 download (I didn't get installation disks)?

This is a bit annoying as it is likely to frustrate our very important customer.

David

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:39 AM
  • David,

Removing trial and beta version can be tricky.  Please look @ the following Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us. Here you will find detailed instructions for removing beta release versions of Office Suite 2007 or program.

Important:  This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Description of the Microsoft Windows registries:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/

Please post again if you need further assistance. Thank you and hope your weekend is great.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:27 PM
  • Stephen,

Is there any way that I can verify that the Product Key is ok.

Perhaps I can send it to you privately to verify.

Or can I try it out by installing office myself and testing the key? Can this action be undone? It must be possible to move a licence from one PC to another somehow!

I would like to do further testing myself and then give our customer the solution rather than wasting his time with deadend solutions.

David

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:02 AM
  • David,

Your product appears to be good. The diagnostic results you provided had the last 15 digits of the product. In turn we use tools to verify if a key is good. You may use Office on another computer if you purchased a retail version. Please read the end user licensing agreement (EULA) which came with the version you purchased. 

Please uninstall the trail or beta version on your customers system. Also you may need to uninstall non-trial copy of Office and re-install again. After you accomplish this all should work fine.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:20 PM
  • Stephen,

The product I bought did not have installation disks, only a licence.

I assumed that this is used to convert the trial installation into a full licenced version. Why else would it be sold that way.

Apprently, the trial I downloaded was called "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007". Could this be the problem?

Where do I get a non-trial download? Remember the client is in Belgium.

David

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:47 AM
  • David,

This could be a problem as you asked. The version you installed is/was a trial version. In turn you purchased product keys to convert the trial into a full version. 

Previously I suggested removing the software and perform a clean installation and follow the KB article provided. When you reinstall using the trial version use the product key provided which you purchased. Also contact MS (where you purchased the product keys) and request the software should this fail to work.  I understand the geographical separation between you and the customer. Also did you give the customers administrative rights to their machines? 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Stephen,

I have tried out this product key on my own machine and I get the same results.

i.e. I downloaded the 2007 Office trial, and tried to entered the product key I bought.

As I type the last digit, I get an incorrect key message.

So, this is not some spurious error.

I am wondering if the problem is due to this being an MLK/OEM licence?

Perhaps you cannot convert the trial using an OEM licence?

In this case, what should we do. This is a system we put together for a 3rd party, and so I believe that an OEM licence is correct.

Do I need to get an OEM preinstallation kit?

David

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:56 PM
  • Stephen,

I've done some research and I'm pretty sure that the OEM licence is the problem.

From what I have learned, I don't believe that there is any way that I can use this licence.

I cannot understand how you couldn't have come to this conclusion yourself Stephen.

And, thanks to all the time that has passed, it is now too late to return this to the vendor.

So, we have wasted money on the original Office 2003 licence which had a bug in the automation.

We have wasted money on this Office 2007 OEM licence.

I have wasted ton's of time (= money) due to the two issues.

And we have lost some credibility in the eyes of an important customer.

I am not happy.

David

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:43 PM
  • David,

I am sorry you feel this way. In turn I have spoke with a supervisor regarding your situation. Please look @ this link http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx?culture=en-US. Next I would like for you to review the following information: What happens when the trial expires? What does convert mean? and How do I convert my trial?  This information will give detailed information for converting MS Office trial versions prior and after the expiration installation date. Where did you get aquire the trial software from? 

Your situation is an interesting issue. We would really like to look @ you the full product keys you purchased.  Please do not post any product keys in the open forum.  Could you please file a service request with Microsoft Product Support:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029 .  Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!! 

Thank you

Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:44 PM
  • D. Hamilton,

Downloadable trial versions of Office 2007 products are retail licenses.  It is not surprising that the customer was unable to activate a retail product with the OEM Product Key that you sent him.  The error message "incorrect Product Key" is appropriate to the use of the wrong flavor of Product Key.

Preinstalled OEM/trial versions of Office 2007 must be preinstalled by the systembuilder/OEM using the Office OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).

Preinstalled trial versions of Office 2007 products are limited to these editions of Office 2007:  Home and Student; Basic; Small Biz; and Pro, which must be preinstalled using their OPK; and Ultimate, which has its own OPK.

The solution that meets the customer's needs as well as licensing requirements would be to purchase a Product Key for the retail edition of Office 2007 that was installed on his computer and send it to him.  A Medialess Licensing Kit (MLK) Product Key would NOT be appropriate since (a) it won't work and (b) the installed version of Office is not an OEM license.

EDIT on 06/21/07:  A somewhat labor-intensive alternative would be for the customer to uninstall the existing Office retail trial, then order the OEM Office backup disc from this Microsoft site  http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup/en-us/default.mspx, install it when received, then use the MLK Product Key that you sent him to activate his OEM Office installation.  The text at the sire implies that you can download the backup disc, but as far as I could tell, everything that had to do with "burning" a disc is really using the new drive imaging backup features of Vista Business and Ultimate to image the entire hard disk drive, which is very much different from downloading an iso file and burning an installation CD.

Here is some more info about systembuilder/OEM preinstallation of Office trials and the MLK:  http://www.microsoft.com/oem/english/office/mlk.mspx

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Thank you for this information Dan. 

Stephen Holm

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Stephen,

I have tried several times today to submit a support email on the web link you supplied.

All I get is the message

Error

An unknown application error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes.

David

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:03 PM
  • Stephen MS,

You're welcome!

It just so happened that this topic was discussed at the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour event that I attended last Thursday in Secaucus, NJ.  The event was for systembuilders, and they told us about the new way to preinstall and market Office.  The Microsoft rep encouraged the systembuilder audience to preinstall the Office trial right along with every computer they built, because Microsoft marketing studies had revealed that more than half of the small businesses that purchased new computers from systembuilders also went out within a month and purchased retail copies of Office.  So instead of losing the Office sale to a big-box store, the systembuilder could preinstall the trial, and then follow up with the customer to gather in that potential sale of Office.

The fact that there is no media supplied with this method of selling makes it a little more complicated for "traditionalists" like me to help folks figure out if their installed Office is a pirated copy or a Genuine copy, since there is no media to look at.  Media is available to be ordered at a nominal fee, or the customer (or systembuilder) can download backup media, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup/en-us/default.mspx.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:13 PM
  • Stephen,

Have you abandoned this thread?

I have continually tried to file a service request at the web link you gave and continually got the same application error.

I have even tried doing this from off-site, as I thought that maybe our firewall was interfering with the submission.

I mean, how can a microsoft support email site be not working for a week?

what to do?

David

Monday, June 25, 2007 1:40 PM
  • David,

No I have not abondoned this thread. The forums aren't responded to on the weekends and there are time differences between you and I. The link I sent for you to open a case file workes from my end here. Please try again. Also did you look at the other link I provided which goes into detail about trial versions?  Also you kept mentioned automation calls. Was this with your software?  Please try again to open a job request. And take the time to read the information I provided in the other link.  Thank you.

Regards,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, June 25, 2007 9:51 PM
  • Hi i recently bought microsoft office 2007 home and student, and then after that it said thank you please print this page, i clsoed the window (But noticed down bottom it said u will recieve confirmination) but where is my code!? Help me plz, did i just waste my$$$$$!?

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 6:56 AM
  • WarKnight,

Where did you purchase MS Office 2007 Home and Student from? Did you receive an email confirming your product key you purchased?

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:40 PM
  •  

I am having same serious problem in UK too! I bought a new computer for my company as well as OEM Office Basic 2007 License. there is not disk with Office Basic 2007 License which is mentioned on the empty disk case.

I got "product key is incorrect" when input my 25 digital product key, I cannot activate the Office 2007. I did not know what happened, so I recoveried whole system (never mind, Lenovo provides the function of One Key Recovery). I download the Office 2007 professional from Mircrosoft Download Centre, because there is a title on cover of disk case 'Office Basic 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trial', also Mircrosoft does not provide Office Basic 2007 Download.

I reinstall a new office 2007 pro, at the begining of installation, the first page asked me to input 25 digital product key (or I can ignore it, input later), I think it is better to try my product key first, I input corrent product key, but I got answer "product key is incorrect" after I input the last digite. I do not why, I also tried on different computers. it really wasted a plenty of my times!

I never give up! soooo````` I go to Mircosoft Office Website WWW.microsoft.com\office\backup, I can order a original CD from MS, MS asked me to input my 25 digital product and some word from picture, after that, I was told that your product key is ok, and it will cost me around 12 pounds for CD and shipping fees.

I have not ordered the CD, I do not want to waste money, bcs I already wasted my time. please tell me how to activate my Office Basic 2007. and give me suggestion and correct me if I made any mistakes.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Hello UK IT Admin,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information. Please review knowledge base article (KB) How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product @:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895, and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us for Office Suites 2003 and below.  The links will provide resolutions supporting Office Suites. However if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

There are two methods for activating Office; telephone and the Internet which is the easier of the two methods. To activate the product by using the Internet, follow these steps:

For Microsoft Office 2007, follow these steps:

1)      Start any office program.

2)      In the Office Activation Wizard, click the “Activate by using Internet” option, and then click “Next”.

3)      Click “Submit” to send your information to the Microsoft licensing servers.

NOTE:  When your information is validated, the “Activation Complete” page appears.  Then, you can use the Office programs.  You will not have to activate Office in the future.

4)      Click “Finish”

Please follow the below guidance for telephone activation for your version of Office:

1)      Start any Office program.

2)      In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3)      Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4)      In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5)      Click “Next”.

6)      On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  The KB article will provide numbers to call for activating Microsoft products.  Should you need further guidance please post your question/s to the Windows XP General newsgroup forum located here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?query=activation&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=B0DE109D-10E1-4C3C-BCC9-8EB7A22FC6A0&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us . 

Take care.

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:37 PM
  • Stephen:

My attempt to convert the trial vers. to full vers. (Professional) of Office 2007 is stymied by the incorrect product key message (using the wizzard from the "Office" button, options, activate, convert using purchased key").  Lenovo-install trial vers.; activated on line.  The purchased key (Amazon, with 2 CDEs in big plastic box -- looks and cost real) is rejected, only the trial vers. product key is accepted).

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-RY7BM-HM3KT-BKVRW
    Windows Product Key Hash: 6994t4LQCbvkXhtNbqQCL4+auQs=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00107
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {50E7BEC8-2165-43C0-8131-5497C397290B}(3)
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.0
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1

Notifications Data-->

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-152-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-171-1_672A8F41-307-80004005_672A8F41-349-80004005_672A8F41-244-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{50E7BEC8-2165-43C0-8131-5497C397290B}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-BKVRW</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00107</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-964461381-438600266-466565341</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Model>6465CTO</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Version>7LET39WW (1.09 )</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070514000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>LENOVO,LENOVO</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>105E3207018400EA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Lenovo</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>5EE785A85666F0E</Val><Hash>VpkEIUqbGGAOACaErmS2yrM0lkQ=</Hash><Pid>81605-903-4117422-65009</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0031-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>2007 Microsoft Office system</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>E2D3E79F821002</Val><Hash>qxyJjYG6Ie7bI2OljapqkCZ2zGA=</Hash><Pid>89451-OEM-6600196-52718</Pid><PidType>11</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:34 AM
  • Hi Same problem as above

See diagnosis results please advise

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):

WGA Data-->

Validation Code: 0

Online Validation Code: N/A

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2MDY9-F6J9M-K42BQ

Windows Product Key Hash: jY+nlE0RT38EEXpeUqSdQPABSQc=

Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00101

ID: {7F97D971-C37C-4F4C-9F84-3B622D13152F}(3)

TestCab: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: 0

File Exists: Yes

Version: 1.7.17.0

WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 100 Genuine

Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-531-645_77F760FE-152-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-531-645_B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-171-1_3E121E02-409-80004005_3E121E02-300-80004005

Browser Data-->

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{7F97D971-C37C-4F4C-9F84-3B622D13152F}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K42BQ</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00101</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-939620716-1244572991-514352727</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Compaq</Manufacturer><Model>Evo D310</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Compaq</Manufacturer><Version>686O2 v2.17</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20020909000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>7544314F01842062</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Compaq Computer Corporation</name><model>Evo D310</model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>781BCE9DA660DDE</Val><Hash>7xssCRJq21ZaLMGy0kS17b0nW/Q=</Hash><Pid>70145-751-6393806-57329</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-00CA-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Small Business 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>8D031B67FF0C25A</Val><Hash>oSHTZiQy4T6JMFhU0yPTYBHGR3A=</Hash><Pid>81606-301-5254246-64576</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Ps Advise

many thanks

Merril

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:51 PM
  • In order to convert a trial version of Microsoft Office, you need a "full version" retail product key and not an OEM product key.  An OEM product key can only be used with an OEM installation CD.

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:44 PM
  • i have been trying to get a trial pass but it is sayting that it is not valid and it passed

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:18 AM
  •  

Dear Stephen, I' m facing this same problem. I bought a Sony Vaio with Office Small Business 2007 preinstalled and also the package with the license key without the discs. I' ve already follow your previous posted instructions. Can you help me ?  Below you can find the messages from MGA Diagnostic.

Regards,

Jose Roberto

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VH76X-KPDXX-XFJ4B
    Windows Product Key Hash: o2cdkjlOO3vBe6l7W8iFN6Glf1I=
    Windows Product ID: 89576-OEM-7332141-00148
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.006
    ID: {4405F855-7EA3-4899-99DD-B2644E83EFC3}(1)
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.69.2
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Business
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6002.16398

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{4405F855-7EA3-4899-99DD-B2644E83EFC3}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0095.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.006</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XFJ4B</PKey><PID>89576-OEM-7332141-00148</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1647698828-1746342429-1725572426</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>VGN-TZ240N</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>R0081N7</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20071004000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>60323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. South America Standard Time(GMT-03:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>Sony</OEMID><OEMTableID>VAIO</OEMTableID></OEM><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-00CA-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Small Business 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>59CBEF371C3B260</Val><Hash>yjSOIlGcu9T3Nr4wceWtnM5rMDU=</Hash><Pid>81606-304-4013411-64318</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Office

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VH76X-KPDXX-XFJ4B
    Windows Product Key Hash: o2cdkjlOO3vBe6l7W8iFN6Glf1I=
    Windows Product ID: 89576-OEM-7332141-00148
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.006
    ID: {4405F855-7EA3-4899-99DD-B2644E83EFC3}(1)
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.69.2
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Business
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6002.16398

WGA Notifications Data-->

OGA Notifications Data-->
    WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{4405F855-7EA3-4899-99DD-B2644E83EFC3}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0095.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.006</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XFJ4B</PKey><PID>89576-OEM-7332141-00148</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1647698828-1746342429-1725572426</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>VGN-TZ240N</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>R0081N7</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20071004000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>60323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. South America Standard Time(GMT-03:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>Sony</OEMID><OEMTableID>VAIO</OEMTableID></OEM><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-00CA-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Small Business 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>59CBEF371C3B260</Val><Hash>yjSOIlGcu9T3Nr4wceWtnM5rMDU=</Hash><Pid>81606-304-4013411-64318</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:13 PM
  • I know the reply is very latebut i have finally figured out the solution to this after 3 days of agony and i want other people with similar problems NOT to suffer like me.

The key thing is that the normal trial versions we download from Microsoft website CANNOT be activated with a MLK.

To download the Office READY versions (which CAN be activated with the MLK), visit this website www.microsoft.com/office/backup

If you live in USA and can afford for MS to ship u the backup disc then good.

If you live in other parts of the world and cannot afford the shipping charges, then opt for the download.
    Just click on the download button under "Download a Backup Copy", fill up the 25 character product key (which is on the card in your mlk), and they'll let you download the CORRECT office ready file which CAN be activated with a mlk.

Note however, the file is quite big and make sure you do not lose connection. This file can only be downloaded 7 times.

Hope this helps!
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 4:24 PM