how to add button to dashboard? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm trying to add a button to the Dashboard for the user to use as a shortcut for performing an action.  However, when I open my Dashboards solution in Ribbon Workbench I only see "incident" as an available entity with standard Homepage, Form, Subgrid, Jewel dropdown options.

Is there a way to add a ribbon button directly to a Dashboard or would this essentially need to be implemented as a subgrid button which would only be displayed after a user selects a subgrid for the entity on the dashboard?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can't add button on dashboard outbox, you need to add that button on application ribbon button or you can add that button in entity that is used in subgrid OOB, but if you want to do complete custom development you can develop custom webresource html/silverlight and have button on that.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Thinking longer term, note that 2013 does not display context-sensitive ribbons (or command bars) for lists on a Dashboard, so adding your button to the ribbon for the sub-grid entity may not be ideal as you may have to revisit this later.

A web resource component may be a better choice here.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:42 AM