none
minimum vista sys req RRS feed

Answers

• it depends on the type of vista(general,professional or business)...but the least req is ...512 MB ram...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 2:03 AM
  • the min. req. is 512 Mb RAM , but for a smooth run it requires at least 1 GB...! and for graphics display and all GeForce recommeded... and there is one new Direct X called  somthing forgot the name actually ..:D...its like DirectX 10..!

and any 64bit processor will do...i suppose...!

Sunday, March 4, 2007 6:32 AM
  • Vista ultimate needs atleast 512 Mb of ram
    The cd pack of which is nearly 3 GB.... and if it is installed it takes nearly 12GB of ur Hard disk..
    The time taken to install the ultimate pack is nearly 22 minutes at a 120 GB harddisk...
    But for the aero soft to work properly we need atleast 1GB of RAM
    Monday, March 5, 2007 9:05 AM
  • Friend, i think this boundation of usage of high power machines to run vista may hinder its popularity(thats what i think) among home users and commen man.

Do high speed games like cricket2005 and fifa run slow on vista or are they working just fine at thier normal speed.

Monday, March 5, 2007 5:49 PM
  • well using 512MB ram for vista might prove suicidal... as the os alone occupies 374MB of the RAM... so its better u have a 1GB primary memory with 80GB of secondary memory.... if the secondary memory size s more there shd be a correspondin increase in the RAM size too... for instance 1.5 or 2GB of RAM for 160GB hard disk is recommended... also using a graphics card is advisable if ur using 1GB RAM... if u use 1.5 or higher the graphics card is not much of an essential
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:00 PM
  • i think finally i got to get vista off my computer instead of upgrading my whole PC.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:06 PM
  •  mr.dexter wrote:
    what r the minimum req for windows vista for a computer system

Minimum requirments are

• 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 512 MB of system memory

• 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

• Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory

• DVD-ROM drive

• U can get more info at....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/systemrequirements.mspx

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:34 PM
    this for beta version friend

for the original  windows vista you need 2GB of ram, directx 10, minimum of 20 GB hard disk and os itself occupies 3GB. vista is little bit costly version.  

instead  of vista if prefer linux means u can get all the vista features in redhot itself with minimum requirements of  256 MB ram and linux occupies only 2GB only
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:42 AM
  • good example prasanna
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:43 AM
  • yes anand u are right... but i wud like to correct u.... the os occupies around 8 to 12GB.. i know this cos... i tried vista got bugged and finally shed it from my system... think vista is gonna be a total failure...
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:46 AM
  • can anyone plz tell me why MAC machines r not so common in use by the ppl.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:26 PM
  • Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Ultimate 

* 800 MHz processor and 512 MB of system memory

* 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

* Support for Super VGA graphics

* CD-ROM drive

Friday, March 16, 2007 2:16 AM
  • All replies

• it depends on the type of vista(general,professional or business)...but the least req is ...512 MB ram...
      Sunday, March 4, 2007 2:03 AM
    • the min. req. is 512 Mb RAM , but for a smooth run it requires at least 1 GB...! and for graphics display and all GeForce recommeded... and there is one new Direct X called  somthing forgot the name actually ..:D...its like DirectX 10..!

and any 64bit processor will do...i suppose...!

Sunday, March 4, 2007 6:32 AM
      The cd pack of which is nearly 3 GB.... and if it is installed it takes nearly 12GB of ur Hard disk..
      The time taken to install the ultimate pack is nearly 22 minutes at a 120 GB harddisk...
      But for the aero soft to work properly we need atleast 1GB of RAM
      Monday, March 5, 2007 9:05 AM
    • Friend, i think this boundation of usage of high power machines to run vista may hinder its popularity(thats what i think) among home users and commen man.

Do high speed games like cricket2005 and fifa run slow on vista or are they working just fine at thier normal speed.

Monday, March 5, 2007 5:49 PM
    • well using 512MB ram for vista might prove suicidal... as the os alone occupies 374MB of the RAM... so its better u have a 1GB primary memory with 80GB of secondary memory.... if the secondary memory size s more there shd be a correspondin increase in the RAM size too... for instance 1.5 or 2GB of RAM for 160GB hard disk is recommended... also using a graphics card is advisable if ur using 1GB RAM... if u use 1.5 or higher the graphics card is not much of an essential
      Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:00 PM
    • well the overall system performance having a 1GB ram without a graphics card will definitely come down and the games do tend to respond slowly..
      Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:02 PM
    • i think finally i got to get vista off my computer instead of upgrading my whole PC.
      Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:06 PM
    • well good work dude....
      Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:08 PM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:
      what r the minimum req for windows vista for a computer system

Minimum requirments are

• 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 512 MB of system memory

• 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

• Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory

• DVD-ROM drive

• U can get more info at....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/systemrequirements.mspx

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:34 PM
  • well prateek those may be the min system requirements but using vista with a system like that will make the system snail footed... u click on a folder go have a tea in a nearby shop and return to see that its not opened yet
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:22 AM
    this for beta version friend

for the original  windows vista you need 2GB of ram, directx 10, minimum of 20 GB hard disk and os itself occupies 3GB. vista is little bit costly version.  

instead  of vista if prefer linux means u can get all the vista features in redhot itself with minimum requirements of  256 MB ram and linux occupies only 2GB only
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:42 AM
  • good example prasanna
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:43 AM
  • yes anand u are right... but i wud like to correct u.... the os occupies around 8 to 12GB.. i know this cos... i tried vista got bugged and finally shed it from my system... think vista is gonna be a total failure...
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:46 AM
  • can anyone plz tell me why MAC machines r not so common in use by the ppl.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:26 PM
  • Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Ultimate 

* 800 MHz processor and 512 MB of system memory

* 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space

* Support for Super VGA graphics

* CD-ROM drive

Friday, March 16, 2007 2:16 AM