Office 2010 on WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Friends, hope all is well. I have set up WHS 2011 on a laptop (all is working perfectly) and I have another laptop which is set up so that I work from to work in the WHS. I would like to set up Office 2010 so that it is not on my 3rd laptop but that I can remotely work from in Office (as mentioned), should I install on the server or on the second laptop? this way when I am away I could log into my Office program from anywhere.

Thanking you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

MG_1tester

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:33 PM

Answers

• I would install Office on both the machine that you leave at home and the one you carry with you, for performance and reliability reasons. (What will you do if e.g. your only Office installation is on a computer that you access via remote desktop, but that computer is down for some reason, or your network connection fails?) If it's only on one computer, I would choose the one you carry with you.

Don't install it on your server, however; your server isn't intended for use as a desktop computer.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:51 PM

All replies

• I would install Office on both the machine that you leave at home and the one you carry with you, for performance and reliability reasons. (What will you do if e.g. your only Office installation is on a computer that you access via remote desktop, but that computer is down for some reason, or your network connection fails?) If it's only on one computer, I would choose the one you carry with you.

Don't install it on your server, however; your server isn't intended for use as a desktop computer.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Dear Mr. Warren, thank you and best regards,

MG_1tester

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:18 PM