Assembling without any transformation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have two questions if anybody knows by chance that would help me a lot in my work...

- First, I need to make a big image from about 20 to 50 small ones and I don't want any kind of modification on my images: no distorsion. Basically I want just a basic assembling of my pictures. How can I do that ? What option control the distortion, adaptation or rotation of the single images ?

- Second, I have a second set of the same 20 to 50 pics but taken with a different focus and I need them to be assambled exactly the same way like the first set was. Is there a way to give the software a second set of picture and have the same assembling as previously ?

Thanks in advance 

Jmv971

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:23 PM

All replies

• #1 - I would like to do the exact same thing.  I built an X-Y rig for a microscope and I'm taking die shots.  I've hand-assembled smaller composites pretty easily in GIMP just by loading each pic into its own layer and nudging it until it matches the other pics; no other adjustment to the pictures is necessary.  But I don't have the time or patience to do this with the 1024 pics that I just shot on a 32x32 grid.  When I dump the pics into ICE, it figures out the layout and shows a very nice preview, but for about 1/2 of the projects, it cannot place all the tiles and the ones it does place form a twisted rectangle.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is any mechanism to disable the rotation and scaling.  If the composite has weird coloring, you can fix it by exporting it as Photoshop layers, loading it into PS or GIMP, deleting the composite layer, and flattening the file.  The resulting Photoshop file can be too large to load into either PS or GIMP, in which case you'll need to scale it in ICE before exporting.

#2 - You can save a Panorama Project file (extension SPJ) from ICE.  This is an XML file.  I bet you could replace the filenames with the new picture names and load it to create a new composite with the new pics, using the same offsets.

If you knew exactly how much you needed to translate each tile, you could create an SPJ from scratch with no rotation or scaling info, load it into ICE and have it create the composite you want.

Sean

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:41 PM
  • Hi Sean,

thank you very much for your answer. Indeed when I just replace the pictures with the same names the stitch is done exactly in the same way. 

I'm actually also working with pictures from a microscope ^^ I build a big picture of a whole organism with a good resolution and at two different focus so that I can perform further analyses on the tissues (focus1) and the autoradiography reaction. I'm currious what are you working with ? 

cheers

jm

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:49 PM
  • I'm just doing hobbyist work on a DIY platform.  Mostly I'm looking at chips used in old video game systems.  Here's some info: http://www.seanriddle.com/decap.html

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:56 PM