Showing Custom Form Grids in Outlook Appointments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Was playing around with the Outlook Client for CRM 2015 (Online instance).

Suppose I place a sub-grid of Entity A on my Appointment form, along with custom attributes B,C,D.

When I open up the appointment from the Outlook Calendar, and click on 'CRM Fields', I get to see all the custom attributes (B,C,D) that have been placed on the Appointment form, but NOT but not the sub-grid of Entity A.

Is there any way I can get Outlook to show the custom sub-grids as well?

Thanks in Advance

Friday, August 14, 2015 10:32 AM

Answers

• Sorry my question was a bit vague,

I have customized the CRM Appointment form and placed a simple sub-grid on it (from CRM itself)
    I can view & add items to this sub-grid from CRM. Everything works as expected on the CRM side.

But when I open up the Appointment from my Outlook calendar (after connecting to CRM via Outlook Client),
    I do not see the sub-grids that were visible from CRM, however I get to see all the custom attributes.

At this point, I am not even sure if this feature of displaying OOB grids on Appointments in Outlook exists or not.
    • Marked as answer by Shidin Monday, August 17, 2015 6:56 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 11:18 AM
  • That's what I'm talking about. When you use CRM for Outlook you have possibility to choose what forms you want to use to show appointments/tasks/emails/contacts - Outlook forms or CRM forms. Choose option to use CRM forms. Following article a bit old but it demonstrates where you can find required options - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicscrmonline/archive/2008/08/22/option-to-use-crm-forms-in-outlook.aspx

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, August 14, 2015 11:25 AM

All replies

• As far as I understood easiest solution for you - use CRM Forms instead of Outlook forms.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, August 14, 2015 11:07 AM
  • Sorry my question was a bit vague,

I have customized the CRM Appointment form and placed a simple sub-grid on it (from CRM itself)
    I can view & add items to this sub-grid from CRM. Everything works as expected on the CRM side.

But when I open up the Appointment from my Outlook calendar (after connecting to CRM via Outlook Client),
    I do not see the sub-grids that were visible from CRM, however I get to see all the custom attributes.

At this point, I am not even sure if this feature of displaying OOB grids on Appointments in Outlook exists or not.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 11:18 AM
  • That's what I'm talking about. When you use CRM for Outlook you have possibility to choose what forms you want to use to show appointments/tasks/emails/contacts - Outlook forms or CRM forms. Choose option to use CRM forms. Following article a bit old but it demonstrates where you can find required options - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicscrmonline/archive/2008/08/22/option-to-use-crm-forms-in-outlook.aspx

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, August 14, 2015 11:25 AM
  • Found that option, but even after changing it to 'Show CRM Appointment Form', it still is opening up default Outlook appointment form.
    Not sure if this is a bug in Outlook.
    Anyway thanks a lot for your input!!
    Monday, August 17, 2015 6:56 PM