locked
"A device attached to this machine is not functioning" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All

    I get this message when I'm trying to run the 'delegate setup tasks' part of the deployment wizard.

    Ill talk you through my actions

    Im installing this on a brand new domain created to test this, so there is only one trusted domain to select.

    The authorize group is Administrators

    The location of the objects is cn=Computers,dc=voice,dc=company,dc=com

    The Sip service account is administrator as is the component service account.

    The machine it is being deployed on is connected to its Domain controller and are the only 2 machines on the domain. So far the rest of the setup has arisen no problems.

    Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:37 PM

Answers

  • Yeh, sorry for my late reply

    I installed something called LDAP on the machine, which gave me a schema view of the domain's AD. From here I was able to see a view of the location I needed to represent in AD's specific syntax. (If you do use LDAP, then I right clicked on the container and went to properties. It shows the syntax needed to describe the location).

    The correct location was CN=users, DC=domain1,DC = domain2, dc = Com where my domain is Domain1.domain2.com

    After this point the front end of the is available for use, so I just continued using it and set up users for Enterprise Voice. All seems to be working fine so far.


    Monday, April 23, 2007 8:54 AM

All replies

  • Well I managed to solve the above through either supreme genius, or a lot of luck, I haven't decided yet Smile. But when the wizard confirms that the setup delegation has run succesfully, the deployment wizard doesn't allow me to run the next task. It appears as though the delegate setup tasks has not been completed, and I could in fact press run and run it again.

    Would anyone know why there is a contradiction here? Is it something to do with the account I'm logged in on and the accounts I delegated setup privileges too. Because I am logged in with an account that is a member of the DomainAdmin group.

    all help greatly appreciated.


    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:00 AM
  • I am having the same issue. Any chance that you figured out the way you got thru the Delegation section. If you can post, I would appreciate it.

     

    Thanks

    Friday, April 13, 2007 4:25 PM
  • Hi Druid,

    Would you be willing to share how you got through your initial issue?

    Monday, April 23, 2007 6:24 AM
  • Yeh, sorry for my late reply

    I installed something called LDAP on the machine, which gave me a schema view of the domain's AD. From here I was able to see a view of the location I needed to represent in AD's specific syntax. (If you do use LDAP, then I right clicked on the container and went to properties. It shows the syntax needed to describe the location).

    The correct location was CN=users, DC=domain1,DC = domain2, dc = Com where my domain is Domain1.domain2.com

    After this point the front end of the is available for use, so I just continued using it and set up users for Enterprise Voice. All seems to be working fine so far.


    Monday, April 23, 2007 8:54 AM