No luck with Microsoft Answers RRS feed

• Question

• I was unable to install microsoft fix it tools. I've run the System File Checker and it said there are no problems yet I still can't install "Microsoft Fix It Tools." Error message reads "Fix it troubleshooting cannot continue because an error occurred" then "We're sorry, but PowerShell failed to install. Please try again later." I've tried 2 Microsoft fix it tools, both don't work.
    I tried clean booting and Microsoft fix it again but it still didn't work. After viewing the event viewer, I have 10 critical events, all read "The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition."
    I'm not an expert, but I believe this happened when the graphics chip burnt out and I had to get it replaced.
    There are also 12,689 Error messages of various types & 726 Warning messages.
    I then created a new user account and tried again as advised on microsoft answers, alas still no luck.
    Please help! I'm a novice when it comes to these things and I hope it can all be fixed with some advice from the professionals:)
    Monday, August 29, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies

• you say the graphics chip burnt out ? i take it you mean the one on the motherboard ? if so what caused it? and it may have also damaged other components on the mother board
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:32 PM