can we refresh particular crm form field. if yes how can we do it. I use crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• can we refresh particular crm form field. if yes how can we do it. I use crm 2011.

i am entering new value to crm form field via aspx page but that doesn't get updated in open crm form window. So i want to refresh that particular field to get updated value.

if i refresh form using window.location.reload(true) then i lose all the field data. is there any way to retain all the data on form after reload. or is there any way to so that if i make any changes for a record on database that should get updated on open window of the same record.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• How are you making changes to the record from the database?  Maybe I am misunderstanding something.  If there is a change made using the sdk in the backend you would have to retrieve the data using jscript to refresh it on the front side.  You could add a refresh button if you wished to the ribbon that would run a retrieve call and populate the form fields when the button is pushed, and then you could manually populate the fields in jscript.  

The front end forms are not really made to be used this way though.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:21 PM