2011 RC Connector Client Install Fails on Win7 with SP1 installed RRS feed

• General discussion

• Anyone run into this? tried on 3 different Win7 SP1 systems, it rolled back on all 3. It did install correctly on 2 Win7 RTM systems.

6.1.7601 KB976932

Sunday, February 6, 2011 1:00 AM

All replies

• >Anyone run into this? tried on 3 different Win7 SP1 systems, it rolled back on all 3. It did install correctly on 2 Win7 RTM >systems.
    =================

The only installation I've done is on a dedicated 64 bit server.

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret
    Please Don't Text and Drive
    My Grand Kids May be in Your Path

Nancy Ward
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:15 AM
  • I think he means the connector client that installs the Launchpad.

I have not tried it on 7 Sp1, only on RTM's in 32 and 64.  I might set up a VM and give it a whirl and let you know.  Since SP1 is still in testing, make sure you report it.

Monday, February 7, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Perhaps this is some help.

I had rollback issues. Only on 1 PC with W7/SP1.

Somehow I found that I still had a Windows Home Server folder in "Program Files" (in addition to the Windows Server folder that V2 installs) with all of the files for the V1 connector, discovery.exe, etc. that had not been deleted when I unistalled V1 months ago.

When I tried to delete the folder, it wouldn't go away due to one of the files being open somewhere else.

I looked at the processes including the "Show processes from all users" and realized the old WHS v1 was still loading and running a connector process.

I had to boot in safe mode to get rid of it, it would not respond to "end Process" from the task manager.

After that the new connector installed just fine.

Monday, February 7, 2011 10:45 PM