CRM Online 2015, improve form load performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

User keeps complaining that loading forms in CRM Online is too slow, particularly the account form.  After removing customization, the only items that could cause the slow performance are subgrids and social pane.  Is there any way, besides subgrid, to achieve 1:N relationship navigation?  Thanks

Friday, July 24, 2015 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you put a subgrid in an unexpanded tab then it loads on demand.

I'm not totally sure offhand whether that's default behaviour or you have to set properties.

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:23 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 8:35 AM
  • Hi, Andy-

Thanks for your advice.  I have tried to use tab and default it to 'collapsed'.  I traced the traffic using F12 in browser.  I found that the subgrids are still being loaded when tab is collapsed.  I hope Subgrids do not load.  Subgrid is loaded only if user clicks the tab to expand (as you said: on demand).  Without loading the subgrids by default, I believe the performance will be a lot better.

Sunday, July 26, 2015 2:46 AM
  • Hello,

Do you need to keep the "collapsed" subgrid ? If you don't need to directly see the subgrid data, just remove them and place the entity in the navigation of the form.

We did that for a client and the performance are better now !

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n

Monday, July 27, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Hi, Andy-

Thanks for your advice.  I have tried to use tab and default it to 'collapsed'.  I traced the traffic using F12 in browser.  I found that the subgrids are still being loaded when tab is collapsed.  I hope Subgrids do not load.  Subgrid is loaded only if user clicks the tab to expand (as you said: on demand).  Without loading the subgrids by default, I believe the performance will be a lot better.

Now I think about this again..

I thought subgrids load asynchronously anyhow.

If you temporarily don't include the subgrids at all, does your form definitely load much quicker?

Monday, July 27, 2015 11:10 AM
  • What kind of network are you on? 

Does this happen in both the office and from people's homes? 

What browser and version are you all using?

What does a Fiddler (http://www.telerik.com/fiddler) trace look like during the delay? 

Are you connecting over a terminal server or virtual machines? 

How much RAM do your PCs have?

Do you have any aggressive Antivirus running, or deep packet inspection on the machines? 

I know these are a lot of questions, but having dealt with a lot of "slowness" issues with Dynamics CRM, I have found that the solutions can be all over the place, and frequently unrelated to CRM itself.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I take it back.  After I moved all subgrids to each individual tab, and defaulted all tabs to 'collapsed', those subgrids do not load when account form loads.  I monitored whether they load or not by using Fiddler4, and checked the session of '/AppWebServices/AppGridWebService.ashx?operation=RefreshData'.  However, there is one exception - Social Pane.  I found that social pane still loads by default even I moved it to a 'collapsed' tab.

How can I make social pane available on demand only, not load by default?  Thanks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:23 PM
  • Not sure on that one.
    I vaguely recall a setting you can control behaviour with, but I'm not sure you will even have that in CRM Online.

Even if it is loading, it would expect it to be asynchronous so the main page should be up even if social isn't loaded yet. 

How's the performance now anyhow?

Have you noticed an improvement?

Is it really worth more work?

If so then I suggest you start a new thread. Some people only flick through the headers looking for a question they can answer and you might get a lucky hit if you mention deferring social subgrid load specifically.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Hi, Andy-

After I put every subgrid in tabs, it is still slow because you can see that social pane not load as fast as other components on the form.  Perhaps as you said, it is an asynchronous process.  After I deleted the Notes control from the Social Pane section, the page loads in a speed which is much faster.

So, now the challenge to me is: can I load the Notes control dynamically?

Yes, I will create a new thread.  Thanks

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:43 PM