Is MICROSOFT looks at this site ? How many questions being raised for similar issues - but no response from MS RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is strange !! people sending lot of money buying MS original products and their problems not getting answered by Micro Soft.... seems better to switch on any linux variant.

After getting upgrades for Windows 7, am getting 'not genuine' error... Windows 7 build 7601 ... this copy of windows is not genuine.

Guys here on this site trying to help but seems we are not going anywhere. I have called Microsoft hotline few times and guys there told me they will raise this to technician and they will call me back (i knew am not going to get call).

Now this is getting terrible painful - why Micro Soft is not responding for the problems they are creating !!

• Edited by pawan_SG Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:29 PM

All replies

• MGA Diagnostic Report is Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:53 PM
  • thanks for your concern.

Currently, am getting help from Noel Paton on this site. 

do you work for Microsoft ?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:43 PM
  • No one on this site works for Microsoft.  You are best off working with Noel, he is the most experienced.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:20 PM
  • MS no longer has any resident staff in these WGA forums - and such staff as were ever present were far from expert in WGA troubleshooting anyhow :(

Most problems with WGA are caused by hardware or software problems outside Windows itself - often they are the result of user error in some form, or the action of malware.

Unfortunately, the diagnostic software available to us (basically MGADiag, SFC and CheckSUR as appropriate) is very limited, and the code itself is shrouded in mystery - none of the regular responders are programmers, and none have insider knowledge of the MS code, so mostly what we learn is from solving peoples' problem here and elsewhere, and by breaking and fixing our own installations. Such work allows us to diagnose and hopefully fix the great majority of problems presented here - but it will never allow us (or even MS with their internal tools) to fix them all, and sometimes we just have to dig around and hope we stumble on something new, that allows us to fix the problem. When even that fails, then a repair install or clean install will become necessary.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:10 AM