none
Touch screen not responding sometimes in assigned access RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing an odd issue with our kiosks (which are running surface pro 3-4) when in assigned access.

I was told by a few of our customers that sometimes the touch screen does not work, so when this issue comes up I have to remotely teamviewer into these tablets and fire control alt delete which the first time kills the app and restarts it and fixes it.

Also as a note (not an issue but may be related)

1. If you fire control alt delete just once it will kill the app and start the app back up after a reboot.
    2. If you fire control alt delete the second time after the app has booted it will go to the screen where you can see task manager and shutdown / reboot screen

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue in our app?

Here is the machine specs...

1. Hardware: Surface Pro 3 or 4
    2. OS: Windows 10 Creators update
    3. Kiosk app
    4. Teamviewer is installed for us to maintain the system and remotely reboot the machine in cases like this.

• Edited by ZuechB Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:52 PM
    • Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Friday, June 2, 2017 2:15 AM not uwp development issue
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi ZuechB,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Since this issue was occurred on specific device (Surface Pro3 or 4) and it’s also not a UWP development issue. So, it’s out of scope for this forum.

Please contact to the Surface support directly: https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-sg/support/contact-us 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:14 AM
  • I'd ask them over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:52 AM
  • The issue is not specific to surface it is just what we are using in the field, the issue happens no matter the hardware. This may be more an OS issue with UWP which is why I figured the UWP team may want to be aware instead
    • Edited by ZuechB Friday, June 2, 2017 2:51 PM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 2:49 PM