MS CRM 2011 cannot update rollup 12 RRS feed

• Question

• In the picture 1, the version is Rollup 11. When I update Rollup 12v2(5.0.9690.3236), the installation told me error...(See the picture 2)

I have to update Rollup 12v1(5.0.9690.3218) first? If updating Rollup 12v1(5.0.9690.3218) is necessary...where can I get the update file??

I want to update CRM 2011 to CRM 2013. But I install CRM 2013, the installation told me "

One or more organizations can't be upgraded because the version isn't supported for upgrade. Apply the latest Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 update rollup, and then use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Deployment Manager to update each organization. Then, try to upgrade again.

"

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:38 AM

Answers

• try to query on relevant CRM database to find out for which role this id 8b3b6b8b-dd9f-e111-aaf0-6e23feaefc69  belongs this will help you track down actual issue.

I could be definitely wrong but following are my some guesses which could cause this issue..

1. this role was created against child business unit only is not present in any other business unit and hence causing problem in roll up

2. this was system role which got deleted but roll up installation is searching for this role.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Charles.Hung Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You need to check the error log - you probably have some unsupported modifications on your database

I once had the exact same issue - turned out there were unsupported views on the DB

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:42 AM
  • I do not know how to fix this problem...

Error Message:

Update Organization with Id=41f84ec3-3ba3-45ed-9e98-65b982e3392c failed with Exception:

System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmObjectNotFoundException: role With Id = 8b3b6b8b-dd9f-e111-aaf0-6e23feaefc69 Does Not Exist
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32 languageCode, DatabaseQueryTarget queryTarget)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32 languageCode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemFormDependencyCalculator.GetDependentRolesComponentInfo(String formXml, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemFormDependencyCalculator.SetFormDependencies(BusinessEntity entity, DependencyTypes type, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.DependencyCalculatorBase.DetermineAllDependencies(ICollection`1 records, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.DependencyHelperBase.UpdateDependencies(ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Dependency.ComponentCollector.UpdateComponentDependencies(Dictionary`2 recordsByComponentType, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Dependency.ComponentCollector.ProcessRecords(ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.ProcessDependencies(FlushCacheOption option, CreateNewCollectorOption createOption)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.CommitTransaction(ProcessDependenciesOption option, FlushCacheOption flushOption)
       at Microsoft.Crm.SE.DatabaseActions.DllMethodActions.RemoveChildRolesFromForms.Install()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DllMethodAction.Execute(Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.ExecuteReleases(ReleaseInfo releaseInfo, Boolean isInstall)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.Install(Int32 languageCode, String configurationFilePath, Boolean upgradeDatabase, Boolean isInstall)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.InstallUpdate(String configurationFilePath, Boolean upgradeDatabase)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Update.DBUpdateDatabaseInstaller.ApplyDBUpdates(Guid orgId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction.ApplyDBUpdatesInternal(Guid orgId, String orgUniqueName, String releaseFilePath, Boolean ignoreErrors)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction.ApplyDBUpdates(Guid orgId, String orgUniqueName, OrganizationOperationType operationType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationOperation.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationOperation.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationDatabaseHotFixer.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ApplyDatabaseHotFixInstaller.ApplyDatabaseHotFix(IApplyDatabaseHotFixInfo applyDatabaseHotFixInfo)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:03 AM
  • I'm pretty sure you have some sort of problem with the DB, either unsupported modifications, a corruption or just a glitch.

By the error log it seems that some Role is missing from the system, can't think of anything atm that could help with that though...

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:40 AM
  • try to query on relevant CRM database to find out for which role this id 8b3b6b8b-dd9f-e111-aaf0-6e23feaefc69  belongs this will help you track down actual issue.

I could be definitely wrong but following are my some guesses which could cause this issue..

1. this role was created against child business unit only is not present in any other business unit and hence causing problem in roll up

2. this was system role which got deleted but roll up installation is searching for this role.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Charles.Hung Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Where would one begin to search for the Role problem? If the role doesn't exist how can you search for it? Two of my Orgs updated flawlessly, but I have one that is throwing this missing role error
    Friday, June 20, 2014 9:38 PM
  • Charles, did you ever find a solution to this? 3 of my four orgs in my test environment updated as expected. I have explored the possibility of a missing role, but I can't seem to come up with anything. We ran a trace during the update and it looks like the failure is happening on this:

exec sp_executesql N

select "role0".BusinessUnitId as "businessunitid"
    , "role0".RoleId as "roleid"
    , "role0".BusinessUnitIdName as "businessunitidname" 
    from
     Role as "role0" 
    where ("role0".RoleId = @RoleId0)',N'@RoleId0 uniqueidentifier',@RoleId0='2C572AEB-7715-46FF-B3DA-166DD4747F5A'

Unless the GUID is hardcoded somewhere in the update (which I don't think that it is) it means that the RoleID is getting pulled from somewhere. I ran this to help check for my GUID in every instance in the DB where "Role" was referenced

SELECT
        Objects.NAME AS TableName
      , Columns.NAME AS ColumnName
    FROM sys.columns AS Columns
        JOIN
        sys.objects AS Objects ON Objects.object_id = Columns.object_id
    WHERE 
        Columns.name LIKE '%role%'
        AND
        Objects.type='U'
    order BY 
        Objects.NAME