WHS Health reported "at Risk" - says one of my PC's has a new Hard Drive - but it doesn't? RRS feed

• Question

• I had shut off the auto backup to one of my PC's for a about 10 days and when I turned it back on it reported a Network Health issue that it had not been backed up in 10 days - and would I like to backup NOW?  - Cool - so I said yes and let it work.

It's been backing up every night automatically but today I see the NW Health icon is YELLOW and the message says:  "T61 has a new hard drive.  From the WHS console, select T61 and click Configure Backup to choose which hard drive volumes to back up"

But I don't have a new hard drive, it's been backing up every night (and the Backup status says "Backed up" and if I click the check box to IGNORE this issue, the warning message remains, but gets shaded grey (instead of yellow) and tghe NW Helth icon goes back to green/Healthy...but that message remains in the window that pops up when you click NW Health.

Is this a bug?  Why does WHS think I have a new Hard drive and how do I make the message go away?

Thanks
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:17 PM

Answers

• Puulima said:

I had shut off the auto backup to one of my PC's for a about 10 days and when I turned it back on it reported a Network Health issue that it had not been backed up in 10 days - and would I like to backup NOW?  - Cool - so I said yes and let it work.

It's been backing up every night automatically but today I see the NW Health icon is YELLOW and the message says:  "T61 has a new hard drive.  From the WHS console, select T61 and click Configure Backup to choose which hard drive volumes to back up"

But I don't have a new hard drive, it's been backing up every night (and the Backup status says "Backed up" and if I click the check box to IGNORE this issue, the warning message remains, but gets shaded grey (instead of yellow) and tghe NW Helth icon goes back to green/Healthy...but that message remains in the window that pops up when you click NW Health.

Is this a bug?  Why does WHS think I have a new Hard drive and how do I make the message go away?

Thanks

Do you have a USB device attached that contains some type of storage?
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Puulima Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:23 PM

All replies

• Puulima said:

I had shut off the auto backup to one of my PC's for a about 10 days and when I turned it back on it reported a Network Health issue that it had not been backed up in 10 days - and would I like to backup NOW?  - Cool - so I said yes and let it work.

Thanks

Do you have a USB device attached that contains some type of storage?
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Puulima Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:23 PM
  • As a Matter of Fact - I do.  Guess I should have gone into the Configure Backup Option - I didn't realize WHS meant an "additional" drive...sounded like it thought my Laptop HD was "new".  Thanks for the quick answer!
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:10 PM