syc function RRS feed

• Question

• I changed the names of my directories On the active sync website on 2 computors but could not do so on my computor hard drives as it did not let me do so. Now the files under those directories  are being shared but names of the directories on the web are diffrent (new names I gave) from the names of the same directories on 2 computors. what should I do to have identical directory names on the sync web and my computor hard drive. Thanks for help.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:12 PM

Answers

• "activesync" web site? Do you mean the Live Desktop at www.mesh.com?

If so, select the folder options for the folders when on the Live Desktop. Change the sync settings to *not* sync with your PC or PCs. Save the settings. The folders on your PC or PCs will change to normal folders. Rename them.
    Change the properties on the Live Desktop to sync the folders to your PC. When the blue folder appears on the desktop of the PC, click and select to merge with an existing folder. Browse to the folder you used to sync with, accept the warning about the merge. Repeat for all folders and PCs that are affected.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:33 AM