Invoice designer Storage Location RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Please, can anyone tell me where Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Invoice Designer Invoices are stored. Especially the ones we create ourselves. I could find them in Web cache when I use using the 2004 version of Money Home & Business with Windows XP. Now I'm using Windows Vista and Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business version 17.0.150.3817 and can't find them there. Not even as hidden system files.

I need to re-install my laptop and don't want to have to redesign invoices.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 7:52 PM

Answers

• I keep this text file, along with copies of my custom invoice files in my Money data folder so I don't forget either.  Hope this helps you out :)

<Copy 2008Invoice.ntd & usr19.htm files from this folder back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\17.0\Invoice'>

----------------------------------------------------

In the US version of Money Plus H&B, it is possible to change the default invoice. If you make the selection to print an invoice, which isn't the default one, this change may be not be remembered after restarting this version of Money.

To fix this, and make a new default invoice, you will need to modify the list of invoices in the in the 2008Invoice.ntd file, and then you should be able to ensure your custom invoice is the one which is selected by default (move it to the top of the list using a text editor).

To find this file, do a search on your machine for *.ntd files

By default, the files will be located 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\17.0\Invoice' - this may be a hidden directory, so you would need to select the 'show hidden files and folders' option in Tools->Folder Options->View under Windows Explorer.

• Proposed as answer by ameridan Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by e1121 Monday, February 28, 2011 8:10 PM
    • Edited by ameridan Monday, February 28, 2011 11:51 PM added explanation on how to change default
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:06 PM

All replies

• I keep this text file, along with copies of my custom invoice files in my Money data folder so I don't forget either.  Hope this helps you out :)

<Copy 2008Invoice.ntd & usr19.htm files from this folder back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\17.0\Invoice'>

----------------------------------------------------

In the US version of Money Plus H&B, it is possible to change the default invoice. If you make the selection to print an invoice, which isn't the default one, this change may be not be remembered after restarting this version of Money.

To fix this, and make a new default invoice, you will need to modify the list of invoices in the in the 2008Invoice.ntd file, and then you should be able to ensure your custom invoice is the one which is selected by default (move it to the top of the list using a text editor).

To find this file, do a search on your machine for *.ntd files

By default, the files will be located 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\17.0\Invoice' - this may be a hidden directory, so you would need to select the 'show hidden files and folders' option in Tools->Folder Options->View under Windows Explorer.

• Proposed as answer by ameridan Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by e1121 Monday, February 28, 2011 8:10 PM
    • Edited by ameridan Monday, February 28, 2011 11:51 PM added explanation on how to change default
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Ameridan,

Thanks a great deal.

This is exactly what I needed and the tip on making our designed invoice the default was one I wondered about but just stayed with changing each time we needed to print an invoice. We do use the US version being without a country specific version (Nigeria) and having our second currency as the US$.

We had installed the Sunset version as well and found an old invoice was no longer listed. Found that sitting quietly in the folder as stated by you.

Will definitely keep the link so we don't forget. Also a quick way of navigating windows to the directory.

Thanks a bunch.

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:14 PM
  • In case it wasn't clear, I edited my answer above to also explain how you change the default invoice as well: (move it to the top of the list using a text editor)
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:52 PM
  • It was clear thanks.

Works like a dream too.

I did have to add entries to the 2008Invoice.ntd file for the invoice designs after reinstalling my system and copying the files usr.htm files to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\17.0\Invoice'> for money to recognize them and load with the other invoices.

Got my system back in order and Money working nicer than ever without having to scroll to select our desired invoice format now.

thanks

Very best regards

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:09 PM