RESTORING BACK UP FROM FLOPPY DISK RRS feed

• Question

• I AM TRYING TO MOVE MY 2013 MONEY FROM ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER SO I CAN GET READY TO START 2014. I HAVE DOWNLOADED MONEY PLUS SUNSET TO THE COMPUTER, I PUT IN MY FLOPPY DISC AN I AM GETTING AN ERROR PATH NAME IS INVALID. HOW CAN I GET THIS LOADED.  IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME I AM WILLING TO CALL YOU AN PAY FOR THE CALL, JUST LET ME KNOW. THE REALLY NICE MAN WHO HELPED ME BEFORE IN EARLY 2012 WAS CAL LEARNER, IF HE STILL IS HERE, I AM REALLY NOT INTO ALL THIS FORUM STUFF I WILL BE SURPRISED IF I CAN GET BACK HERE TO FIND THE ANSWER.MY EMAIL IS  FOR ANY PRIVATE EMAIL AN I WILL GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER THANKS

Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:54 PM

All replies

• I AM TRYING TO MOVE MY 2013 MONEY FROM ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER SO I CAN GET READY TO START 2014. I HAVE DOWNLOADED MONEY PLUS SUNSET TO THE COMPUTER, I PUT IN MY FLOPPY DISC AN I AM GETTING AN ERROR PATH NAME IS INVALID. HOW CAN I GET THIS LOADED.  IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME I AM WILLING TO CALL YOU AN PAY FOR THE CALL, JUST LET ME KNOW. THE REALLY NICE MAN WHO HELPED ME BEFORE IN EARLY 2012 WAS CAL LEARNER, IF HE STILL IS HERE, I AM REALLY NOT INTO ALL THIS FORUM STUFF I WILL BE SURPRISED IF I CAN GET BACK HERE TO FIND THE ANSWER.MY EMAIL IS  FOR ANY PRIVATE EMAIL AN I WILL GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER THANKS

I would copy each file from the backup floppies to the same
    directory/folder.  This will give you an extra backup and will
    separate any problems of reading the floppy media from some other
    potential problem.  This is not the common way, and it is not
    usually necessary.  But especially if it is my only backup, I would
    consider the copy to hard disk step.

The files will be named *d1.mbf, *d2.mbf, *d3.mbf and so on.

In WE, double-click the *d1.mbf file.  That should launch Money and
    start the restore.  When Money prompts for the next diskette, click
    OK.

If you are restoring directly from floppy diskette, you can insert
    the first floppy and double click the *d1.mbf file.  Change
    diskettes when prompted.

You will have a chance to change the location or filename for where
    the restored data will go.  If this is a different computer, it is
    especially good to browse to a location.  The old location may not
    even exist.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:38 PM