OC Phone Edition and RCC RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use an Office Communicator Phone Edition device while signed in as a user enabled for 'Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration'. It doesn't work. Voice calls are terminated immediately after dialing a number. When I log in with a user enabled for Enterprise Voice only, the phone works fine. Is this expected behaviour, is the Phone Edition of Communicator not compatible with RCC?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:36 PM

All replies

• The Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration is intended for Dual Forking with Remote Call Control only, which so far is only supported with the Nortel CS1000 system.  Is this the

configuration you are using, as that user mode might not be doing what you hope it would do.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:26 PM
  • Jeff, the CS1000 is the only all-in-one solution (for now) but as far as I know there's nothing to say you can't set up a supported Enterprise Voice deployment and your preferred RCC configuration via GETS/CUPS/AES/LBG/whatever to accomplish this.  This has worked for me in the past.

FWIW, I configured my account for EV w/PBX integration and it had no adverse effect on my ability to make calls from my Tanjay though I only used placeholder info for the Line URI since I don't actually have RCC in place.  Based on that I gather that having that configured in and of itself does not present a problem for the Tanjay.  I have 1.0.522 firmware running.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Ah, thanks for clarifing that Mike.  I was curious if he was using an all-in-one solution or trying to use CUPS or the like.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:53 PM
  • Thank you both for the insight. I am using CUCM 6 with CUPS 6, which although not officially supported for RCC and dual forking seems to be working fine. My phone firmware is not the latest version so I am going to give that a try next.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Version 7 should support both RCC and Dual Forking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/index.html

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Are you referring to version 7 of CUCM or CUPS?

Tim

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:50 PM
  • I am not a Cisco expert, my opinion is that CUCM replaces CUPS
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:20 PM
  •  Deli Pro-Exchange wrote:
    I am not a Cisco expert, my opinion is that CUCM replaces CUPS

I don't quite follow this statement.  CUPS is a plug-in for CUCM which allows for presence and other IM-related communications.  They are complimentary products.

Friday, September 26, 2008 5:28 PM