none
Windows HPC Evaluation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I deployed a Windows 2008 R2 HPC cluster with three computing nodes running Windows 7. This cluster is running the HPC Enterprise edition in evaluation mode. Regarding this evaluation mode I have two questions:

1) How many days it will run before it expire? I didn´t find this information. What I found was that the Windows 2008 R2 HPC Edition will run for 180 days, but I don´t know if it also apply to the HPC pack. My Windows HPC 2008 R2 Edition is already licensed and activated.

2) From what I could find later I can upgrade my Evaluation cluster to a not Evalaution cluster running the UpgradeEval.exe executable present in the final media. Is it correct? I saw an empty serial number field in the node´s properties and I don´t know what to put in there. How this conversion process works? Could someone explatin it? I didn´t find any information about it.

Thanks,

-George

-George

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• 1) Windows Server 2008 has built-in licence manager tool

slmgr -dli  -> days remaining

Trial version may be run for up to 180 days ,precisely 3 times 60 days.This means you need to extend your trial licence every 60 days

slmgr -rearm  -> additional 60 days (this works up to 3 times)

2) HPC Pack doesn't need licence.You need only licence for Windows Server (you can provide serial number here Start\Administrative Tools\Server Manager\Activate Windows)

Daniel Drypczewski

Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:17 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Are you sure the HPC pack doesn´t need a license? As far as I know the HPC Pack Enterprise needs to be licensed, but the HPC Pack Express doesn´t.

-George

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:04 PM
  • I didn't notice you are running Windows 7 workstations in your cluster.Yes , you need licence to do that.Unfortunatelly I am not familiar with licence upgrade process.

Daniel Drypczewski

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:29 AM