CRM 2013 Create phone call from Contact RRS feed

• Question

• When I add a new phone call from an open Contact record I expect at least the To field to be auto populated, but it isn't.

Is this not the default behaviour?

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:37 AM

All replies

• Default behaviour is regarding field is set to Contact record not To field. if you want to field To feild to be defaulted then write a javscript.

Regards, Saad

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Thank you. Has this changed from CRM 4? We had some javascript there that checked the entitytype of the To field.

Now for 2013 I have to change it to look at the regarding field instead :(

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:52 AM
  • Sorry about last post. When Phonecall activity is added from contact Regardingobject and To field are defaulted to same Contact and From field is set as current user's id. 

Regards, Saad

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:58 AM
  • Sadly that's not what I am seeing. 

Regarding is the Contact and owner is the current user, but From and To are both blank.

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:05 PM
  • from where are you adding the new Phone Call? I think there is some custom javascript or plugin that is changing this behaviour in your environment.

Regards, Saad

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:10 PM
  • We have a grid on the Contact form showing open activities for that contact.

From there I click the + and select Phone Call.

There is some onLoad javascript, but nothing that changes To.

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:39 PM
  • My guess is that it's a custom grid. In crm 2013 out of box there is no grid of activities present only Notes and Activity Pane is present. When you create a Phone Call from Activity Pane or from Left hand navigation Activities grid then only out of box functionality works like the way i explained in my earlier post

Regards, Saad

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:49 PM
  • Ok, so I removed the grid from the form. Using the dropdown next to the Contact name at the top I click Activities, and nothing happens.

Have we lost something from the sitemap xml?

Monday, December 1, 2014 1:12 PM
  • After clicking on Activities Click on add new phone call.

the following screen appears with default Regarding, To and From.

Regards, Saad

Monday, December 1, 2014 1:18 PM
  • It doesn't get that far unfortunately. Using the dropdown next to the Contact name at the top I click Activities, and nothing happens.

In fact, none of the options from the dropdown work: Activities, Social Profiles, Entitlements etc. Literally nothing happens.

When I click Contacts to return to the list of active contacts it throws an error.

<Message>Object doesn't support property or method 'setAttribute'</Message>

<ExceptionNumber>-2146827850</ExceptionNumber>

I have been though the form javascript and can find no errors. I have checked the site map and again can find nothing wrong.

There are no customisations to the contact ribbon. I tried switching on tracing, but that also shows nothing.

Is there anywhere else I could look? 

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:01 PM