MS Money 2001 Deluse RRS feed

• Question

• Just bought a Win 7 machine upgrading from a very old XP machine.  Still have my original disk which installed just fine.  However, when I try to open either *.mny or *.mbf files I'm prompted for password.  It does not accept what I know to be the only password ever used for my Money files.

Is there a way to "import" these files?

Thanks

Friday, December 4, 2015 7:54 PM

All replies

• I suspect that your XP machine was running a version of Money newer than Money 2001.

Are you in the US?

Friday, December 4, 2015 10:13 PM
  • yes, Seattle to be exact.
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 1:07 AM
  • You will probably have to move to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. If you have it open your *.mny file, it will convert it to Money Plus. It will leave a copy of the unconverted file named *.mn9 if the converted file was from Money 2001. If the file is from Money 2002, the conversion saves a *.m10 file.

If you want to go that route, look at the first two threads in this forum.

Saturday, December 5, 2015 4:03 AM
  • Will it convert repaired files or *.mbf files too?
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Yes, if those files were created by a US version of Money.

Bill Becker

Saturday, December 5, 2015 1:10 PM
  • Worked like a charm.

1. Uninstalled my version of MS Money 2001 Deluxe

2. Installed US version of Money Plus Deluxe Sunset

3. Opened known last file or *.mbf, was prompted to convert, clicked yes, prompted for password, it accepted known password, all entries appear including my most recent download with half those entries in BOLD indicating I had not yet confirmed them.

4. It created a copy of my old file with an extension of *.M15 which would indicate file from Money 2006.  I have no memory of that.  However, I did have to recover my files at some point due to a corrupt file perhaps I had to use online tool to accomplish that.

This thread is SOLVED!

Thanks a ton you all are great!

Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:45 PM