none
Indeterminate Busy Indicator freezes while calling and invoking domain service load operation RRS feed

• Question

• I have a silver light application, there when ever I call some domain service and get data the showing busy indicator freezes for a fraction of second and resumes its move.

Obviously the data coming out as service call is large as 10000 entries in list.

And again when there is I am updating UI for lot of changes like one by one cell update of a grid, the busy indicator freezes.

What I feel like the double animation in story board does not go smooth when the UI thread or any other thread is working heavily.

Can any body share any thought???

I tried having a GIF, but Silverlight does not support that too.

Thanks.....

• Moved by Min ZhuModerator Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:02 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 2:12 PM

All replies

• Silverlight? This is the wrong forum.

But I can say, all your time intensive processing must be on a background thread.

The progress bar WILL stall if you are working on the UI thread, how else can it update the animation?

I have posted a WPF example of wait/progress with background workers, in .net3.5 (BackgroundWorker) and .net4 (Task).

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Please-Wait-Lock-and-e745ac40

My sample may be WPF, but all the principles and code are the same for both Silverlight and WPF.

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:13 PM