Entry Memory Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Upgraded recently to Money Plus Delux Ver: 17.0.120.3817 Win10

This problem also was with old version. Most account entries remember last entry to speed new entries, assuming repeat of previous entry. But some accounts do not change to remembering last entry and are stuck on a very old entry.

For example: Entering a charge transaction for gas card. The auto fill always shows a payment not a credit entry from last credit entry with incorrect category.

Been around settings and preferences but no fix.

Anyone help me?

Thanks

• Edited by Pedro634 Monday, October 16, 2017 4:26 PM More Info
    Monday, October 16, 2017 4:25 PM

All replies

• As far as I can see, the autofill works as expected for me with Money Plus Deluxe Ver: 17.0.120.3817 Win10.  Some things to check:

- Does this only happen with Credit Accounts or are some Bank Accounts also affected?  Only a few payees or many?

- For the payees that are affected, do you have multiple very similar payee names?  Does Money maybe autofill with data from a similar but very old payee name before you finish typing the similar newer payee name?  If this happens and you then correct the payee name field in the transaction, Money will still retain the old data with the old payee name.  If this is he case, you could go to Banking>Account Tools>Categories and Payees>Payees and find the old payee name.  Then you can right-click on it and move its transactions to the current name.

- If there is really just one payee name, try checking "Show transaction forms" and start entering the payee.  When you select the appropriate payee from the dropdown list and the other fields autofill with old data, select the "Options" dropdown and select "Previous Amounts".  Is the most recent previous amount the one that autofills?  Are those previous amounts what you expect?  Or are they missing entirely?

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

Problem occurs with credit accounts. So an example is I have an account for Shell gasoline but that's also the payee. I changed the payee to "Shell1" and kept the account as "Shell". No change. The wrong old auto entry is always the same as if it's stuck on it. It's always the same pay bill transaction. Going to transaction forms does not make any difference.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Since it's a credit account the entry choices are Charge, Credit, and Transfer.  Which are you entering? 

As I suggested above, when doing the entry, try checking "Show transaction forms" and start entering the payee.  When you select the appropriate payee from the dropdown list and the other fields autofill with old data, select the "Options" dropdown and select "Previous Amounts".  Is the most recent previous amount the one that autofills?  Are those previous amounts what you expect?  Or are they missing entirely?

Bill Becker

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:24 PM
  • It looks to me that the Shell card is handled by Citi.

If I am right, you could probably use Pocketsense to bring in transactions in a more automated way. The amounts and dates will already be there. If you want some pointers on that, let us know. I think it is really great. You might not think so. I understand that this does not address your direct question, but it works around it in a nice way.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:43 PM
  • Cal makes a god point.  I also use Pocketsense to download all of my credit card transactions.  It saves a lot of manual data entry.  However, even with a download, Money still assigns the category based on the most recent previous transaction, so your problem may persist.  Let us know what you find with my suggested investigation.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:49 PM