Developing Device Sync app with ADO.NET Sync Services 1.0 SP1 for devices and Sync Framework 1.0 with Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed the Sync Framework v1.0 with Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0.  I noticed that the Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 that came with the Sync Framework v1.0 did not include assemblies for Devices (Microsoft.Synchronization.dll, Microsoft.Synchronization.Data, and Microsoft.Synchronization.SqlServerCe), only for the Desktop.  What happens when I include those assemblies in my Smart Device application is that a bunch of assemblies for the full .NET framework are downloaded to the device and an exception is thrown when I synchronization with the server database.

Now, I downloaded the Sync Services for ADO.NET v1.0 SP1 for Devices and included the two assemblies from there and everything compiles and runs fine on the device.

My question is:  Are there any problems with using the Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 on the server side of the synchronization, using WCF to connect from the device, and using the Sync Services for ADO.NET v1.0 SP1 for Devices on the Device?  Will I encounter any compatibility problems?  Is there a set of Device assemblies for Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0, that I may be missing?

I was under the impression that Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 that comes with the Sync Framework v1.0 will work with devices, but I don't seem to have any assemblies that come with that version that will run on a Smart Device.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ron Kanagy
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:30 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:07 AM