Unable to install crm 2013 on server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, im uanble to install crm 2013 on server 2012. i get an error:

Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAspNetServiceAccountAccessAction failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.

at System.DirectoryServices.Interop.UnsafeNativeMethods.IAds.PutEx(Int32 lnControlCode, String bstrName, Object vProp)
       at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.set_Value(Object value)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.GrantAccess(DirectoryEntry groupEntry, String accountName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAccessToServiceAcountAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerRoleInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InvokeInstall(Installer installer, IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Install(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.ExecuteOperation()
    14:25:13|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.ExecuteOperation14:25:13|   Info| ActivatePage(ServerSetupFinishPage).

Monday, June 2, 2014 6:35 AM

Answers

• So I spent hours on this one. Turns out due to a previous install of an earlier version of Dynamics (might not have been cleanly removed) I had some "Account Unknown" entries on the Dynamics OU. If you right-click the OU, select security and remove (I had to turn off inherit) these "Account Unknown" entries. Once I did this the install completed and this error went away. Good luck.
    Monday, June 2, 2014 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using separate service accounts for each role? If yes, check whether the Service Account used for Application Service is a member of the "IIS_IUSRS" group.  If not, check the account that you're using for the roles is a member of the "IIS_IUSRS" group.

Also check that IIS is up and running.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, June 2, 2014 8:54 AM
  • which roles are assigned?

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Monday, June 2, 2014 10:10 AM
  • So I spent hours on this one. Turns out due to a previous install of an earlier version of Dynamics (might not have been cleanly removed) I had some "Account Unknown" entries on the Dynamics OU. If you right-click the OU, select security and remove (I had to turn off inherit) these "Account Unknown" entries. Once I did this the install completed and this error went away. Good luck.
    Monday, June 2, 2014 10:28 AM