How do i tell my application(Visual Basic) to make a Dial-up connection using the Default Connection in Network Connections? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

Sofar my application interface with the COM Port of a USB GSM/3G Modem. What i am trying to do now is, i want to create a button that when clicked, dials the default connection in Network Connections, kinda the same as when you would click start ->> connect to ->> <connection>.

What i did sofar is to use System.Diagnostic.Process.Start("rasphone.exe") which opens up a box listing the current dial-up connections under Network Connections where you choose the one you want and connect to it. I however want to bypass this step so it can just start dialing up.

After doing some research i found that the rasdial <connection name> function does what i want, but opens a command prompt showing the progress of the connection being made.

My question is, how do i get my button to directly start the dial-up connection, and to terminate the connection as well?

Thanks in Advance
    Friday, December 19, 2008 8:08 AM

Answers

•  

Hello Gaaty, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the 

MSDN > Forums Home > Visual Basic > Visual Basic Language

located here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vblanguage/threads/.

Have a great day!

Sudarshan shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by sudarshans1 Thursday, December 25, 2008 10:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by sudarshans1 Monday, March 23, 2009 11:11 AM
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 10:26 AM