Contextual Thesaurus RRS feed

• Question

• Contextual Thesaurus is in "we are unable to rephrase your input" mode regardless of phrase.

Is there problem on my end?

Thank you.

Saturday, September 26, 2015 3:14 PM

All replies

• No problem on your end. We have discontinued the service.

Sorry about that,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Your discontinued service saddens me.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:25 AM
  • Hi NanC,

maybe its not dead forever. Can you share a bit what you used the service for, and how you would use it in the future? Could be that that will enlighten us.

As always, thanks for your feedback, whatever it is.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:34 AM
  • I used it quite a lot when working on scientific papers in case I was not completely happy with something I wrote and wanted to look for an alternative. It is a pity that it does not work anymore
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:17 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I also used it a lot when writing a scientific paper. Although the project was ongoing on that time, It was a great tool which could help writers to choose better suggested words and as a result, writing with better quality. I hope that you continue the project again.

Thanks and best regards,

• Edited by Ali_Azarian Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:48 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Chris,

At the graduate level of nursing, one finds writing assignments are imperative. Written assignments describe projects in APA writing styles. This is where Contextual Thesaurus is a most valuable tool. The tool aids in development of ideas, where sentences are clear and concise leading to a consistent paragraph with logical flow of thought, and good paraphrasing with minimal use of quotes.

Contextual Thesaurus, you will be missed.

Friday, October 2, 2015 1:38 AM
  • Thanks a lot for the feedback. Good for us to hear. Please add if you have any more ideas for use.

I can only promise that we'll look at it. The service is not free for us to run.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, October 2, 2015 2:05 AM