OneCare and WHS intergration RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I have been wondering if the OneCare team have considered creating a addin for Windows Home Server so that administrators can manage there circle from the WHS console as the administration is now being handled through the console.

Also, will the OneCare team ever consider doing a Anitvirus solution for WHS, I know they say no antivirus is needed on a WHS server, but as a rule its still connected to the internet even if its through a firewall and accepting HTTP and HTTPS requests.

Many thanks for answering my questions.

TLE

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:37 PM

Answers

• I can't tell you what is on the agenda, but both the WHS team and the OneCare team are interested and have probably been talking about better integration between WHS and OneCare clients.

Thanks for the suggestion about an add-in to manage the Circle from WHS. I think that would be a good feature so that no individual PC is the hub, but that function is performed at the server.

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 4:05 PM

All replies

• I can't tell you what is on the agenda, but both the WHS team and the OneCare team are interested and have probably been talking about better integration between WHS and OneCare clients.

Thanks for the suggestion about an add-in to manage the Circle from WHS. I think that would be a good feature so that no individual PC is the hub, but that function is performed at the server.

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 4:05 PM
  • I hope there will be a onecare client and addin for WHS.
    I'm running WHS in test now and I am very satisfied how it works.
    but it needs better intigration like onecare.
    running a server without any antivirus is dangerous, so the best solution is that onecare supports WHS.
    I've seen there is a onecare for servers but these are only windows 2008 Sad
    WHS is SBS 2003.

fix it and I will be a happy user
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:06 AM
  • I totally agree With TLE and others in  forums I've read on this. One Care should be integrated with WHS or these two teams might consider producing an addin to generate some better synergy between the two. It would only make sense to make the WHS the hub and be able to quickly do backups and pass on the newest virus definitions and any other One Care updates acrossed the LAN.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:48 PM