none
Video embedding RRS feed

All replies

• This is usually some kind of Internet Explorer error / bug.  To start debugging the problem I would make sure you have all your Windows Updates, disabling all your IE plugins except for Adobe Flash, and making sure you have the most up to date version of Adobe Flash.

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 26, 2009 6:23 PM
  • HTML clipboard

Thank you but I am not having a problem viewing videos in Explorer rather I an having problems inserting video into an article with the newer version of live writer.

I can preview the video in the newer versions of live writer (first screen shot) however I receive an error message when I try to insert in into an article (Second screen shot)

I did not have this problem with the older version of live writer.

Please visit http://www.theimagineershome.com/blog/video_problem.htm  to view screen shots.

Jeff

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:37 PM
  • Exactly... Windows Live Writer uses Internet Explorer for its editing canvas.  This error is usually related to some kind of bug/error with Internet Explorer.  If you try those, things I mentioned above and it does not fix your problem, you can email me your Windows Live Writer log file and I can look for more clues. 

My email is bturner@microsoft.com

You can find your log file by doing Help | About | Show Log File.

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 26, 2009 9:13 PM
  • I have had exactly the same problem when I embed a video clip, and I know what's happening that is making WLW crash. Unfortunately, I couldn't fix it.

Here's what's happening. When I edit the HTML source code, and insert a video using the tag <embed>, then I go to the edit tab, and click the on the video it displays the error message. Then I notice that there is a bounding box around the video going all the way down to the end of the page.

When I edit the source again I notice an </embed> at the end of the code. It was inserted in there automatically. This, however, is not supposed to happen. The problem is that the <embed blah blah blah /> tag is doesn't need a closing </embed>. Why this is being inserted, I have no idea. It is the reason for the crash.

Mohamed Qasem
    Friday, September 18, 2009 7:49 PM