Is it possible to do this? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my current task is to create a dynamic marketing list.

One of my filter that i wish to have is to have every "IT"companies in the list.
    This information is mapped on to the description in my lead form.

However, there is no option for me to achieve this.
    For example, this description is "Chinese TradITional Medicine", it gets filtered into my list of IT companies, which is not what i want.

The result is that i get some purely IT companies which is what i want, but some not.

Is there anyway i can achieve what i wanted (on the fact that i have disregarded the "Industry"field)

Thanks

• Edited by vegars7 Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:39 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:31 AM

Answers

• You are right... I downloaded the fetchXML and the condition is translated as follows

<condition attribute="address1_line1" operator="like" value="%South%" />

It appears to trim the spaces from the search value entered..

I guess you have to create some other field for classification...

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by vegars Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:01 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• You need to either add an attribute that would classify the companies to be IT companies...

Or else if you like to look for them through a text field then the options available are Contains you could set the value to search for as "IT " so it would search for text where it has IT followed by a single space...

HTH

Sam

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:43 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hi, it did not work when i typed "IT "
    with a space behind, does not seem to work. please advise! thanks!
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:56 AM
  • You are right... I downloaded the fetchXML and the condition is translated as follows

<condition attribute="address1_line1" operator="like" value="%South%" />

It appears to trim the spaces from the search value entered..

I guess you have to create some other field for classification...

Sam

• Proposed as answer by vegars Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:01 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:49 AM
  • ok then, thank you :D
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:10 AM