setting maxNoInputs at runtime RRS feed

• Question

• I have a QA in a speechSequence, and the speech sequence has a conscutiveNoInputs event in the speechSequenceEvents activity. The consecutiveNooInputSpeech event starts off at a MaximumNoInputs value that is set statically. However, if I loop back on this part of the call flow (workflow), I need to adjust this count, give them less tries in this case, so I have a code activity above the speech sequence that I loop back to and where I set the maximumNoInput count. The problem is when the code executes, I get an exception saying 'this operation can not be performed at runtime.' This doesn't seem right as I would think you could change the property at runtime. The code in the activity that sets the count looks like this:

consecutiveNoInputsSpeechEventActivity1.MaximumNoInputs = 2;

So the first question is are you supposed to be able to do this?

If the answer is yes, then the next question is what might I be doing wrong?

If the answer is no, then can you think of some other way to make this value change at runtime (perhaps install a new consecutiveNoInput event activity)? 

Thank you for the help

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:13 PM

Answers

• No, that property is metadata, which can only be set at design time. There won't be, as far as I know, any way to change this value at run-time (we don't support dynamic updates, unfortunately.)

I suppose you might work around this by setting the threshold to the lowest value you want, and then putting an IfElse inside that, in which you look at History (keeping your own count). You also need to reset your count, however, whenever the HistoryChangedEvent is raised for something that doesn't match your condition. In other words, it would be messy.

Dan

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:12 AM

All replies

• No, that property is metadata, which can only be set at design time. There won't be, as far as I know, any way to change this value at run-time (we don't support dynamic updates, unfortunately.)

I suppose you might work around this by setting the threshold to the lowest value you want, and then putting an IfElse inside that, in which you look at History (keeping your own count). You also need to reset your count, however, whenever the HistoryChangedEvent is raised for something that doesn't match your condition. In other words, it would be messy.

Dan

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:12 AM
  • Not exactly the answer I wanted to hear, but probably what I was expecting.

Thanks Dan for the quick response,

Mike

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:19 AM