Windows 7 Home office RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a new Toshiba L455D-S5976 laptop.   It came with Windows 7 Home/Student Office installed on it.  However, everytime I use it it asks for the 25 character Product Key to register it.  When I input the MS 7 Home Product Key listed on the back of the laptop it says it invalid.  What do I do now?  
    Monday, December 27, 2010 9:59 PM

Answers

• "cjmproductions" wrote in message news:3a7929e7-56ce-41ae-b344-92f29112d497...
    I just got a new Toshiba L455D-S5976 laptop.   It came with Windows 7 Home/Student Office installed on it.  However, everytime I use it it asks for the 25 character Product Key to register it.  When I input the MS 7 Home Product Key listed on the back of the laptop it says it invalid.  What do I do now?  

There is no such thing as Windows 7 Home Office

There is Windows - in a number of flavours.
    There is Office - in a number of flavours.
    Unless you paid extra for your Office install (check your invoice), the chances are that it is a Trial version that has been installed.
    The Product Key on the COA sticker on your laptop's case is for Windows - NOT Office (read it!)

If you want to continue to use Office of any type after the expiry of the trial, you will need to purchase a license for it.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:19 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 10:07 PM

All replies

• "cjmproductions" wrote in message news:3a7929e7-56ce-41ae-b344-92f29112d497...
    I just got a new Toshiba L455D-S5976 laptop.   It came with Windows 7 Home/Student Office installed on it.  However, everytime I use it it asks for the 25 character Product Key to register it.  When I input the MS 7 Home Product Key listed on the back of the laptop it says it invalid.  What do I do now?  

There is no such thing as Windows 7 Home Office

There is Windows - in a number of flavours.
    There is Office - in a number of flavours.
    Unless you paid extra for your Office install (check your invoice), the chances are that it is a Trial version that has been installed.
    The Product Key on the COA sticker on your laptop's case is for Windows - NOT Office (read it!)

If you want to continue to use Office of any type after the expiry of the trial, you will need to purchase a license for it.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:19 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 10:07 PM
  • Purchase a  Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 perpetual license and type in the 25-character Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 product key that comes with it.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:37 PM