none
Removing Avatar?

Question

• Hi!

Can I remove my Avatar?

So far I see only that I can replace it, but can't remove it.

Volker
    Friday, January 30, 2009 5:51 PM

Answers

• I wanted to cicle back with you on this feature request.  It is still on our backlog, but we will not be getting to it in the near future. 
    Lead Program Manager - Social Bookmarks, Profile, Forums, Gallery and Search
    • Marked as answer by taylorparsons Friday, September 11, 2009 10:13 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 10:13 PM

All replies

• Volkar
    You are corect we do not have a remove feature for the avatar.  I have logged a bug to remove the feature.  

We require an avatar for all users.  It is eather the default avatar, or the avatar you upload.   We would have a feature that would set the avatar image back to the default avatar. 

How are you expecting the feature to work?  

Lead Program Manager - Social Bookmarks, Profile and Feeds
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Haven't really thought about it, but maybe a "Reset Avatar" or "Default Avatar" button would do it?
    I think I'd prefer "Reset Avatar" because newbies, that is, the ones without Avatars :-) do not know whether the image is the default for nonexisting avatars or a default avatar. This is nothing people should waste thoughts about.

Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

Volker
    • Proposed as answer by taylorparsons Monday, April 20, 2009 7:10 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:13 PM
  • We have added this to our backlog, for the Profile UX.  Thanks for the feedback. 

• Proposed as answer by taylorparsons Monday, May 4, 2009 6:31 PM
    Monday, May 4, 2009 6:31 PM
  • I wanted to cicle back with you on this feature request.  It is still on our backlog, but we will not be getting to it in the near future. 
    • Marked as answer by taylorparsons Friday, September 11, 2009 10:13 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 10:13 PM
  • For now (when now is a half-a-year segment) a user can just upload a new, blank, avatar. Snag someone else's snowflake. Who said they all have to be different? :)
    Monday, September 14, 2009 1:58 PM