User Email as AuthInfo entry in SystemUserAuthentication table in MSCRM_CONFIG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for a while for an answer for an interresting question.

While using Dynamics CRM without Claims and IFD, we only have the possibility to connect users that can login with "Domain\username"

Using Dynamics CRM with Claims and IFD, gives CRM the possibility to connect to users over their email addresses.

I am using Dynamics CRM 2016 and want to use SingleSign On (SSO) managed by PingFederate which needs an email address to authenticate the user.

Now, the problem I am facing is that, as I read on the few pages on the Internet I have found, there is or should be an entry in the MSCRM_CONFIG database, SystemUserAuthentication table, AuthInfo column that is defined like:     C:email .

How and where to find the records to determine the SID of the users is out of the scope for me now, as this is another topic.

I was wondering how is it possible to add an entry of type "C:email" in the SystemUserAuthentication table, without changing the database directly with update statements?

How, where and what should I do in CRM to realize that? Default I have only SID entries in the SystemUserAuthentication table.

And, after doing that, could anyone help me in explaining me what changes should be made on CRM in order to get the user authenticated througt PingFederate?

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:15 PM

All replies

• Can anyone please help?

Monday, February 13, 2017 11:00 AM
  • I would leave the MSCRM_CONFIG db alone to be honest and recommend installing Microsoft ADFS 2.0.
    Monday, February 13, 2017 11:14 AM