Sync Framework 4.0 SDK Example RRS feed

• Question

• I have been going through the SDK examples for creating a Sync Service and when I do the example in C# all is well.  When I try to do the exact same steps in VB I get the following error when running the service.  Any ideas?

The type 'DefaultScope.DefaultScopeSyncService', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive, or provided in the configuration element system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/serviceActivations could not be found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The type 'DefaultScope.DefaultScopeSyncService', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive, or provided in the configuration element system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/serviceActivations could not be found.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The type 'DefaultScope.DefaultScopeSyncService', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive, or provided in the configuration element system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/serviceActivations could not be found.]
      System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses) +52042
      System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +1440
      System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +44
      System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +615

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/DefaultScopeSyncService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: The type 'DefaultScope.DefaultScopeSyncService', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive, or provided in the configuration element system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/serviceActivations could not be found..]
      System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +687598
      System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +190
      System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, String routeServiceVirtualPath, Boolean flowContext, Boolean ensureWFService) +234
      System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +355
      System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
      System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:02 PM