which version of SharePoint for EPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I expect to install Project Server 2010 but I read that a software requirement is using SharePoint Server 2010 "Enterprise". On the MSDN site I don't explicitly find this Enterprise version of SharePoint Server 2010. Where can I find it?

Thanks for your help.

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:54 AM

Answers

• Hi WLID1966,

You will only find one downloadable version for SharePoint Server 2010 on MSDN (the installation files for the standard and enterprise version are the same). It's the product key which is different. In the product keys area for SharePoint Server 2010, there should be both a standard and an enterprise product key.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:17 PM
  • Hello WILD1966.

I would like to add to HansH comment, if you happen to install the wrong version, you can upgrade it from SharePoint central.  It will need the Enterprise license to enable.

Cheers!

MIchael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, September 24, 2010 2:36 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi WLID1966,

You will only find one downloadable version for SharePoint Server 2010 on MSDN (the installation files for the standard and enterprise version are the same). It's the product key which is different. In the product keys area for SharePoint Server 2010, there should be both a standard and an enterprise product key.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:17 PM
  • Hello WILD1966.

I would like to add to HansH comment, if you happen to install the wrong version, you can upgrade it from SharePoint central.  It will need the Enterprise license to enable.

Cheers!

MIchael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, September 24, 2010 2:36 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:48 PM