none
Windows 7 Build 7600. This copy is not genuine but it is. How do I fix problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I bought my computer around 3 years ago from PC World with Windows 7 installed on. It's now saying that it's not genuine but it is and always has been as I bought it from a reputable retailer. However, after checking all of my discs and paperwork which I kept, I cannot find a disc with product key for it so how to I get it check with microsoft as being genuine and sort the problem?

Thanks

Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:24 PM

Answers

• you should read the sticky at the top of the forum: please read before posting.

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:31 PM
    Answerer